iphone with usb port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
I guess I wasted the extra money I paid for a nav with a usb...seems no one has any idea why my usb doesn't work at all........

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with GM customer support and a Chevrolet Service Advisor and they are telling me that I would need to update my BCM to get the usb port working...this sounds retarded to me, I would think the head unit controls this. Has anyone gone from a factory unit without usb to a factory unit with usb? What did you do to get it working...should just be plug and play right?

I guess I wasted the extra money I paid for a nav with a usb...seems no one has any idea why my usb doesn't work at all........

seems to me you answered your own question.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
seems to me you answered your own question.

Let me rephrase what I originally wrote...I called GM they were no help and hooked me up with the nearest Chevrolet dealership, which was the one I had been going to that has no idea what parts I need to order...I talked to the service dept there, the guy on the phone didn't know why it would not work, so he asked someone else and that is the answer they gave...I think its total BS, but just wanted someone to answer here, or confirm that the dealership knows what they are talking about. I'm just frustrated with the whole situation...I will just have look at the usb port in awe instead of use it lol...

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Is updating the BCM possible or replacing the one I have?
If it can be done is it worth it?
I asked the Chevy service dept and they had no idea as usual...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimcauble