iPhone 8 wireless charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxmrpinguxx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there offering a retrofittable center console top that has an Apple-compatible wireless charging station? I have a 2015 Yukon and would really like to have a wireless charging station that works with my iPhone 8. It seems like GMC (or someone) could make a new center console top that could replace the current one.
I am having the same issue. It doesnt work on my 2015 Yukon. I went to the dealership and placed my Iphone X on a 2018 Yukon and it Does work. Apple came out with a letter explaining it works with 2018 and up. No one at the Dealership could tell me if i could buy what they put in the 2018 and mod it into my 2015 or if is even compatible. Ill be meeting with a General Manager and hopefully get answers.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue. It doesnt work on my 2015 Yukon. I went to the dealership and placed my Iphone X on a 2018 Yukon and it Does work. Apple came out with a letter explaining it works with 2018 and up. No one at the Dealership could tell me if i could buy what they put in the 2018 and mod it into my 2015 or if is even compatible. Ill be meeting with a General Manager and hopefully get answers.
See if you can get the part number off the charging piece and we could order it

white15

Reaction score
Tried removing the little magnet on my 2016 Yukon Denali and it is very intermittent. Sometimes it will come on then go off. Not very reliable at all. Kind of a disappointment.

Unit171

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m about a week or so into the mod. I posted my pics earlier in the thread. I removed the magnet and green repeater thing. 2016 Tahoe LTZ.... just did a 6 hour drive home for turkey day and another back...phone charged fine and still does for me

jonsharp2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was able to do this on 2016 Yukon Denali and got it to work, even on a iPhone 8 Plus. The only catch is the phone has to slide all the way to the back for it to align properly. The console isn't quite wide enough, so you have to set it somewhat carefully so it doesn't lean to one side or the other. Looking forward to getting the X so I won't have to deal with that.

(it also works (still) for Note 8, you just have to prop the back of the phone over the back edge for it to align)

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen this posted here yet, but there seems to be positive reviews on other forums about purchasing a 2018 charging module and installing that in the 2015-2017 vehicles. I have not tried this personally (yet), so your results may vary.

• Purchase charging module, part # 13521066 from needgmparts.com
  • Purchase new style plug, part # 571-2035363-4 from mouser.com

white15

Reaction score
I haven’t seen this posted here yet, but there seems to be positive reviews on other forums about purchasing a 2018 charging module and installing that in the 2015-2017 vehicles. I have not tried this personally (yet), so your results may vary.

• Purchase charging module, part # 13521066 from needgmparts.com
  • Purchase new style plug, part # 571-2035363-4 from mouser.com
Id love to know if this works.... it would be worth the money way to me. How do you use/adapt the new plug?

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id love to know if this works.... it would be worth the money way to me. How do you use/adapt the new plug?

I haven’t ordered ant of the parts yet. This is from rdgilmore67 over on the cadillacforums:

“When installing the new connector, the pins on the wires had a little "nub" sticking out on one side that wouldn't allow me to slide it into the new connector. I took a small pliers and just squeezed these "nubs" down so they were flush. The pins then slid in easily and clicked in place securely. Plugged the new wireless module in and put the lid for the center console back together and it seems to be working the way it should now. Little green lightning bolt shows up on the screen when phone is on the charge pad. I can pick the phone up, set it back down and it starts charging again immediately. It's not really that finicky about where it is on the pad.”

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just placed my order for both the parts. I'll let you know once the parts arrive and I get them installed.

Even though my charging pad IS working with the 'magnet delete' mod I will get more piece of mind once the correct parts are installed.

white15

Reaction score
Just placed my order for both the parts. I'll let you know once the parts arrive and I get them installed.

Even though my charging pad IS working with the 'magnet delete' mod I will get more piece of mind once the correct parts are installed.

Thank you very much.... really looking forward to it... I’m sure you will make a lot of people happy. I told my wife that the 18’s work with the iPhones and she said “you better not buy a new car just for that lol”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas