iPhone 8 wireless charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestTxFrog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
0AF9B6EA-E53E-49F2-80A6-0551ED7A3DB6.jpeg 94BDD1C6-4B3B-4E7C-8B0E-34EBB388DE3C.jpeg So I went and did everything as explained. I opened the box that holds the coil and magnet for the wireless charging and found no coil! What a rip off! I guess I will be giving my dealership a call to request a new box.

MechEng813

Reaction score
View attachment 187152 View attachment 187151 So I went and did everything as explained. I opened the box that holds the coil and magnet for the wireless charging and found no coil! What a rip off! I guess I will be giving my dealership a call to request a new box.

It's there, its under that thermal paste and black square. See the two leads coming off the coil.
That's how mine originally looked, I had to pry it off the black housing (carefully) by flexing the plastic shell and working it with a heat gun.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WestTxFrog what’s the part number on the front? There’s 3 different wireless charging pads for the trucks.

cashalot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did this mod on my 2015 Denali. I removed the magnet from the coil plate then re-installed the green flex circuit. My iPhone X would connect once but not reconnect.
I then placed a 1.5x2.5 inch magnet ( from a phone case dash mount by Sosche) between the powermat and the wireless module (before completing installation). Flipping the magnet to get the correct polarity results on SUCCESS. My iPhone X now connects and reconnects anytime without issues. Note: I did not try flipping the original battery that was removed from the unit.

Not 100% sure why it worked but here is some information...
The iPhone 8 and iPhone X which have a glass back have a magnet built into the phone for wireless charging.
The magnet included in the GMC wireless charging module conflicts with the electromagnetic used for wireless charging on iPhone. This is why removing the magnet from unit allows iPhone to charge.
Adding the adding the new magnet between unit and powemat caused electromagnetic field to cycle on anytime connected.

Thanks all for advice and help on this forum, happy to be a member.

71A7647F-4BBE-400F-B2E9-531FCD21C9EE.jpeg

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the magnet delete mod to my 16 Yukon XL Denali. Super easy. Took about 10 minutes and now I can charge my iPhone X by placing it on the pad. The screen on both the iPhone and the car show that it is in fact charging, and I can pick up, use, and put the phone back down over and over again to resume charging. Basically, it now just works as I would have anticipated it to work from the factory.

Thanks to the dude in the video and this forum for bringing this to light!

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I messaged the guy on you tube that made the original videos and told him all you had to do is remove the magnet because it messes with the polarity of the wireless charging system. I should have made my own video explaining that. Good thing I tried it on mine first and it worked lol

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the magnet delete mod to my 16 Yukon XL Denali. Super easy. Took about 10 minutes and now I can charge my iPhone X by placing it on the pad. The screen on both the iPhone and the car show that it is in fact charging, and I can pick up, use, and put the phone back down over and over again to resume charging. Basically, it now just works as I would have anticipated it to work from the factory.

Thanks to the dude in the video and this forum for bringing this to light!
Yours works ? all the time ? i have a 2016 Denali what did you do exactly i have removed the magnet only and it worked for about ten minutes and after that nothing did it about a week ago too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons