iPhone 8 wireless charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khiroshima

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't post often, but just a heads up for anyone who cares . . .

I unexpectedly "upgraded" my 6s to an 8 this weekend, I really wasn't planning on it, but you know how impulses go, HaHa I thought it would be kinda cool to have the idle wireless charger on the armrest, be used for SOMETHING, but to my disappointment . . . It doesn't work with the iPhone. I have a buddy who has a Samsung and he uses the pad all the time. Oh well, another cool Apple feature that is meaningless to me. Thought someone out there would like to know-- KH

Edit
http://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/technology/how-gmcs-wireless-charging-works.html

Maybe it's user error :)

Last edited:

Felicia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OH no! I was planning on getting the iPhone X in November for this very reason! Thank you for saving me from that! :)

dogwiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's a poor charging standard that is super slow and mostly just makes your phone hot. Google removed it from their flagship devices two generations ago and no one really misses it. USB-C for life.

I'm about to order a Tahoe RST and one of the things on my list is the wireless charger delete.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your vehicle. On my 15 suburban the wireless charging is a bit iffy. On the 16/17 tahoe the wireless charging works well with the wife’s galaxy 8. And a wireless antenna adapter on the 6/7
I tried to borrow an 8 but the won’t let it leave the store

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the charging pad on my 2015.5 isn't wide enough for today's enormous phones.
It charged my S5 Note but I have to angle my S7 Edge just the right way for it to come on. And then if I bump it with my elbow it shuts back off again.

MTVP

Reaction score
I have an Apple 6 S plus . I'm not spending $99. for the the case so it can wireless charge. Sucks but I'll use the the 12 v or the USB. It's nothing more than a rubber mat for my forearm and elbow.

Last edited:

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure the 2019’s will get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmalia1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The iPhone 8 and X should both work on your charging pad. The wireless charging standard is compatible. You might want to have you charging pad checked out...

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The iPhone 8 and X should both work on your charging pad. The wireless charging standard is compatible. You might want to have you charging pad checked out...
Do they set flush? My S7 doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep