iPad dash in the works....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice, hopefully the ipad is built well, some will occasionally do some weird things and will require the top right hand power button and home button to be depressed together at the same time in order to unfreeze/reset them so you may want to be sure to allow for some kind of pin to access the power button, just my .02 since the ipads can get glitchy over time.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you using to hook it up to the speakers and subs?

OP
OP
DAR00GAR00

DAR00GAR00

Reaction score
Headunit will be Pioneer DEH-80PRS. Components will be hertz Mille 1650. iPad will hook up with charge cable in the dock to the rear usb on the headunit. Steering wheel controls will work. The other USB port and rca in on the back of the headunit27F3C31E-00D9-4E73-B37B-1BE740C0D6D4.png D62949CB-F6DD-439C-94F8-CAB1A031C218.png will tie to a usb and aux port which will be in the console.... I’ll attach a pic of both of the ports that will be in the console portion.

The iPad gets power from the headunit and is jailbroken and set to where when it loses power it auto locks, and then when it receives power it Auto Unlock’s and resumes whatever it was doing when it locked. So basically when I start the truck it will be open and ready/playing music. When the truck stops the music stops and the iPad locks and turns off.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headunit will be Pioneer DEH-80PRS. Components will be hertz Mille 1650. iPad will hook up with charge cable in the dock to the rear usb on the headunit. Steering wheel controls will work. The other USB port and rca in on the back of the headunitView attachment 229757 View attachment 229758 will tie to a usb and aux port which will be in the console.... I’ll attach a pic of both of the ports that will be in the console portion.

The iPad gets power from the headunit and is jailbroken and set to where when it loses power it auto locks, and then when it receives power it Auto Unlock’s and resumes whatever it was doing when it locked. So basically when I start the truck it will be open and ready/playing music. When the truck stops the music stops and the iPad locks and turns off.

Where's the HU gonna be mounted?

OP
OP
DAR00GAR00

DAR00GAR00

Reaction score
Headunit will be mounted directly under the iPad. Notice the single din cutout slot on the dash bezel under the iPad?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you control the HU with the iPad? Like the tuner and tone levels, etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pawaso