Interesting electrical situation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles Hughes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I acquired a 07 Yukon Denali 6.2. interior dome lights wouldn't come on, multiple check engine lights and stabilatrak lights on, remote start only grinded and wouldn't start the truck, So I decided to look at the battery in the truck and realized it was from 2000 so a few years old not horrible and I noticed the headlight switch didn't work well. The plastic mounting itself has broken tabs in the back and the headlight knob didn't turn well. I replaced the battery and when I was checking the wires in back the dome lights came on, the heated seat lights came on and magically the remote start now works as well.

What my question is, does the remote start somehow affect the dash headlight knob wiring area or did the battery effect it? Kind of curious because when I wiggled wires none of the lights flickered or anything. I will be replacing the switch assembly anyway but wondered if anyone had any insight?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I acquired a 07 Yukon Denali 6.2. interior dome lights wouldn't come on, multiple check engine lights and stabilatrak lights on, remote start only grinded and wouldn't start the truck, So I decided to look at the battery in the truck and realized it was from 2000 so a few years old not horrible and I noticed the headlight switch didn't work well. The plastic mounting itself has broken tabs in the back and the headlight knob didn't turn well. I replaced the battery and when I was checking the wires in back the dome lights came on, the heated seat lights came on and magically the remote start now works as well.

What my question is, does the remote start somehow affect the dash headlight knob wiring area or did the battery effect it? Kind of curious because when I wiggled wires none of the lights flickered or anything. I will be replacing the switch assembly anyway but wondered if anyone had any insight?
apparently the headlight switch CAN cause some wierd sh*t to happen according to other recent post's, good thing they are cheap to replace.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the truck is started, the headlights come on (at least in my 07), so there is an electrical link between the starting process and the headlight switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo