Installing Double Din Alpine Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm installing a Alpine INE-W927HD which was previously in a different car of mine now into my Tahoe. I've also installed a few stereos before. For whatever reason when I have the Alpine plugged in and connected it won't turn on because it's not seeing any voltage from the "key-on" red wire. I read the voltage at the wire with the key on and there's nothing at the stock connector. When I plug the factory stereo back in then I have 12V to that same red wire at the factory connector. I don't get it. Can anyone help me out?

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It almost sounds like a ground issue

I was thinking maybe something wasn't hooked up right. Since the factory one works but the Alpine doesn't get power on the red wire

Anyone have a diagram of the factory pin connector?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So doing some research around on other sites and looks like my issue might be the Class 2 Data Bus System (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001XOBU4C?tag=vs-auto-insert-amazon-20)

But looks like I might just need to rewire the accessory power wire: "only thing you need to do is wire a new accessory wire from the radio fuse in the fuse box to the red wire (splice) on the radio you have to do that with all chevy new models something i learned while doing installs"

Anyone have any thoughts?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So doing some research around on other sites and looks like my issue might be the Class 2 Data Bus System (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001XOBU4C?tag=vs-auto-insert-amazon-20)

But looks like I might just need to rewire the accessory power wire: "only thing you need to do is wire a new accessory wire from the radio fuse in the fuse box to the red wire (splice) on the radio you have to do that with all chevy new models something i learned while doing installs"

Anyone have any thoughts?

That's correct. If you have a 03+ and don't want to use the onstar or bose modules, then just run a accessory wire to the fuse box and pic a key on hot to tap into.

That's how I did mine because I enjoy not having all those dang chimes

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct. If you have a 03+ and don't want to use the onstar or bose modules, then just run a accessory wire to the fuse box and pic a key on hot to tap into.

That's how I did mine because I enjoy not having all those dang chimes

Thanks! I was going to install and wire up my speakers and amp this week. Is there anything like this that I should be aware of?

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I wired the red accessory "key on" wire to "key on" power. Stereo turned on now... however I'm getting no sound out of my speakers. Is there something different you have to do with Bose and Onstar??

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I wired the red accessory "key on" wire to "key on" power. Stereo turned on now... however I'm getting no sound out of my speakers. Is there something different you have to do with Bose and Onstar??

And this is why vehicle information is needed in the first post.
I'm assuming you have Bose. So yes you need to hook the blue/white remote turn on from the alpine to the Bose amp turn on wire. Don't remember what color it is. Should be pink but search and you'll find it

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And this is why vehicle information is needed in the first post.
I'm assuming you have Bose. So yes you need to hook the blue/white remote turn on from the alpine to the Bose amp turn on wire. Don't remember what color it is. Should be pink but search and you'll find it

Sorry about that but it worked! Only thing is I have that piece that bypasses the foot brake which is tied to the remote wire (blue with white) and im getting some interference throughout my speakers. Any thoughts on rewiring it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645