Installing Double Din Alpine Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol so it was pink? Been a while. Not sure on the bypass... I have them on both of my pioneer DDs and don't have any noise issues. But it looks like you have a lot more wires on yours. I think it's usually just remote, ground, and parking brake. What else is on your bypass?

Also you could try hooking either the amp turn on or the bypass up to accessory power instead of remote power. Maybe the ground in the bypass is inducing noise through the amp turn on.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol so it was pink? Been a while. Not sure on the bypass... I have them on both of my pioneer DDs and don't have any noise issues. But it looks like you have a lot more wires on yours. I think it's usually just remote, ground, and parking brake. What else is on your bypass?

Also you could try hooking either the amp turn on or the bypass up to accessory power instead of remote power. Maybe the ground in the bypass is inducing noise through the amp turn on.

Yes it's a pinkish wire on the factory side.

I'll try that. I'm eventually hooking up a Rockford Foosgate 4 channel amp with 4 Alpine Type-R speakers. So eventually won't have to worry about it but just don't have the time right now to put all that in.

Thanks again for all your help! I greatly appreciate it! I was stuck there for a bit

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it's a pinkish wire on the factory side.

I'll try that. I'm eventually hooking up a Rockford Foosgate 4 channel amp with 4 Alpine Type-R speakers. So eventually won't have to worry about it but just don't have the time right now to put all that in.

Thanks again for all your help! I greatly appreciate it! I was stuck there for a bit

Absolutely. Yea try to rewire it and see what happens.

Make sure when you install your speakers to deaden and seal the doors

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I rewired it to have the blue/white wire from the relay to be connected to the red accessory power instead of the remote power. It didn't change anything related to the interference. It's like static on the radio but is always there when connected to Bluetooth source or direct connect ipod. Any ideas what could be causing it? Does it have to do anything with the OnStar stuff?

Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of things can cause noise... sometimes ground will do it. Could be the radio itself.

Sometimes the ground for the radio and amp need to be the same spot.

Make sure the that even though you aren't using the rca's, they aren't touching anything.

Being the radio has been used before. You might try to hook it to a spare battery and speaker. See if the noise is still there. If it is then it's the radio. If not then it's something in your vehicle.

I hate chasing down little gremlins like that. But gotta do it, or live with the noise

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of things can cause noise... sometimes ground will do it. Could be the radio itself.

Sometimes the ground for the radio and amp need to be the same spot.

Make sure the that even though you aren't using the rca's, they aren't touching anything.

Being the radio has been used before. You might try to hook it to a spare battery and speaker. See if the noise is still there. If it is then it's the radio. If not then it's something in your vehicle.

I hate chasing down little gremlins like that. But gotta do it, or live with the noise

Thanks! Appreciate the things to check/test.

Ya I hate those kind of electrical problems. That's why I'm a mechanical engineer and not an electrical engineer lol

Jackle1886

Reaction score
I have the same static crackle. Just did the install today. Scoured the interwebs and have t found a good answer. I'm guessing it's the high output from the internal amp going to the low input on the external bose amp.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same static crackle. Just did the install today. Scoured the interwebs and have t found a good answer. I'm guessing it's the high output from the internal amp going to the low input on the external bose amp.

Let me know if you find out anything. I'm going to look this week and test. I'll post if I find it

Jackle1886

Reaction score
Ordered rca to speaker wire adapters. Should be here Friday. Will wire it up that afternoon and report in.

Jackle1886

Reaction score
Cables came in today. Happy to report I've SOLVED the buzz, hiss, static, white noise, whatever you want to call it!

As my guess, it was the signal being double amplified. Once from the head unit and again at the bose amp.

So, simply wire the 8 wires for all four speakers (LF, RF, RR, LR) to 4 rca outputs from the head unit. With positive and negative on each totaling your 8.

Super simple and easy fix!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87