installing a leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pm80

Reaction score
I found a good write-up on an install of the ccm kit I will post the link later. It is on my other computer.
I am going to be doing mine next mon so after that I could probably give you some better feed back.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

You don't have to have a sawzall either u can use a cut off wheel too or a hacksaw. IT is just slower with the hacksaw.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used a cutoff wheel air tool....it made quick work of the strut studs so I was able to get the CCM spacer on. The CCM kit in itself does not void your warranty. If you have a bad strut for some reason, the dealership probably wouldn't replace that under warranty even without a leveling kit. If you have a bunch of miles on your original struts it would definitely be wise to replace them while you're installing the leveling kit.

Reaction score
Okay guys, thanks for the advice.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I found a good write-up on an install of the ccm kit I will post the link later. It is on my other computer.
I am going to be doing mine next mon so after that I could probably give you some better feed back.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

You don't have to have a sawzall either u can use a cut off wheel too or a hacksaw. IT is just slower with the hacksaw.

Found this thread....
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181163#post3669064

Didn't know if it was the same one..but it is pretty good/helpful.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the ccm leveling kit front spacer one solid piece?

jeffbrown65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Def need 2 people. Sawzall to cut the strut bolt tips, or you could use a hacksaw but it would take a while. I didnt do the rear myself but the guy who did it for me said it was kind of a pain. I couldnt get the rear high enough to get the spring out, might want to try a spring compressor but Im not sure if that helps.
I installed the ccm kit on my yukon about a month ago. i jacked up the rear of the vehicle and sat it on jack stands at their highest setting. Then i removed the wheels/tires and disconnected the rubber hoses from the bracket on top of the pumpkin. That allowed me enough travel to install the spacer under the coil springs.