installing a leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pm80

Reaction score
I found a good write-up on an install of the ccm kit I will post the link later. It is on my other computer.
I am going to be doing mine next mon so after that I could probably give you some better feed back.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

You don't have to have a sawzall either u can use a cut off wheel too or a hacksaw. IT is just slower with the hacksaw.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used a cutoff wheel air tool....it made quick work of the strut studs so I was able to get the CCM spacer on. The CCM kit in itself does not void your warranty. If you have a bad strut for some reason, the dealership probably wouldn't replace that under warranty even without a leveling kit. If you have a bunch of miles on your original struts it would definitely be wise to replace them while you're installing the leveling kit.

Reaction score
Okay guys, thanks for the advice.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I found a good write-up on an install of the ccm kit I will post the link later. It is on my other computer.
I am going to be doing mine next mon so after that I could probably give you some better feed back.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

You don't have to have a sawzall either u can use a cut off wheel too or a hacksaw. IT is just slower with the hacksaw.

Found this thread....
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181163#post3669064

Didn't know if it was the same one..but it is pretty good/helpful.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the ccm leveling kit front spacer one solid piece?

jeffbrown65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Def need 2 people. Sawzall to cut the strut bolt tips, or you could use a hacksaw but it would take a while. I didnt do the rear myself but the guy who did it for me said it was kind of a pain. I couldnt get the rear high enough to get the spring out, might want to try a spring compressor but Im not sure if that helps.
I installed the ccm kit on my yukon about a month ago. i jacked up the rear of the vehicle and sat it on jack stands at their highest setting. Then i removed the wheels/tires and disconnected the rubber hoses from the bracket on top of the pumpkin. That allowed me enough travel to install the spacer under the coil springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman