Installed drop kit but have questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nettles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I put on the 2/4 drop on my 2017 Tahoe and im confused by a couple things. I've lowered a dozen trucks and suvs over the years and the drop has always been as advertised. But this one only lowered the front like 1 1/4" using the spindles. The rear worked just as advertised and I even had to go back after and install the 1" spacers in the rear because it sat lower I guess because the front didn't actually go down the 2". It rides like a dream I'll admit but still I wish it was a tad lower like it should be. Anybody run into this? As you can see in the pics you can tell the rear is dropped but the front to me doesn't look much if any lower.

A7EE2C41-C54E-41F8-A865-C79E65FE3BF6.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nettles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This last pic is before I picked the rear back up with the 1" spacer but again I did that because it was an inch lower in the rear

IMG_2532.JPG

Bo3131

Reaction score
I have this same issue. Installed the new 4wd belltech spindles and didn't get close to a 2" drop. But like you said it does ride great.

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be interested to get Tony's input here. I am guessing you used the new Belltech spindles? I was looking to get them soon but this may cause me to wait a little bit.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front drop on these seems to be a moving target. I was after a 1" drop and got 1-1/4" with strut cups and provided spacers! For me it went too far the other way.

It seems because the front suspension is the same for SUVs, trucks, and previous models the parts become "about a xx drop".

I also notice if you give it about a week of driving, the front will settle down about another 1/8-1/4" or so...

OP
OP
N

Nettles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would be interested to get Tony's input here. I am guessing you used the new Belltech spindles? I was looking to get them soon but this may cause me to wait a little bit.
Yup new belltech

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
drop is 1 3/4 drop. make sure to torque upper/lower balljoints when full wight on them and when truck is on the ground

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drop is 1 3/4 drop. make sure to torque upper/lower balljoints when full wight on them and when truck is on the ground
Hey Tony, why should you torque the balljoints when truck is on the ground? Would that lower it more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e