Installed DIC / Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spectralen

Reaction score
I picked up some spare parts and a DIC. Here are some pics. I had to separate the small trim piece from the long trim with the middle vents. I just ground the plastic rivet heads off with the dremel cut off and left the studs to slide the DIC trim back on when it goes back together.

dic next to trim piece.jpg dic trim set to cut.jpg dic trim cutting.jpg dic trim back.jpg dic installed.jpg

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
spectralen

spectralen

Reaction score
Nice work, but it couldn't be flush mounted like factory?

Would have to figure in some kind of backer to hold switch and then epoxy it at the right depth, seeing there is nothing but a smooth flat surface on the back side. In time i'll come across the right trim piece to replace with. This thing is kind of cool though. But now, watching the engine switch from 8 to 4, it's making me more anxious to get the AFM delete asap.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good! If you ever consider buying the civilian trim, make sure to ask the dealer for their "best price".

I bought a bunch of parts from Friendly Chevrolet in Dallas (including the DIC and trim) and kept asking for their "best price". Then, I asked for a "volume discount" on the total order. Took about 20% off the msrp!

OP
OP
spectralen

spectralen

Reaction score
Never hurts to ask. I am just too cheap to go to the dealer for anything. Craigslist, forums or ebay is pretty much my only source for parts. Oh yea, junkyards also.
Right now, I'm using a plastic milkcrate with some pieces of wood screwed to it to get the right heighth and some padding with carpet and a dual cupholder attached to the front, all because I can't see paying 2 or 3 hundred for a center console. I'll find one, just takes a little time. Took me about 20 minutes to make and I now have a spot for my morning coffee.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Right now, I'm using a plastic milkcrate with some pieces of wood screwed to it to get the right heighth and some padding with carpet and a dual cupholder attached to the front, all because I can't see paying 2 or 3 hundred for a center console. I'll find one, just takes a little time. Took me about 20 minutes to make and I now have a spot for my morning coffee.

I like that Len, when I got my hoe the first thing I did was to order a console, Like you said no place for the coffee and no armrest. I ordered an aftermarket console and then the wife didn't like it so I got a fairly good deal on a used factory console.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never hurts to ask. I am just too cheap to go to the dealer for anything. Craigslist, forums or ebay is pretty much my only source for parts. Oh yea, junkyards also.

Yeah even on Ebay they ask an arm and a leg for a used one, I thought $340 was way over the top, but I see them ask 500-600 for a used one, or $1000 and up for a new one. (especially if you're looking for a particular color, like black.)

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Yeah even on Ebay they ask an arm and a leg for a used one, I thought $340 was way over the top, but I see them ask 500-600 for a used one, or $1000 and up for a new one. (especially if you're looking for a particular color, like black.)

Heck, some clown on eBay wanted 900.00 for a used console or best offer, He must of thought that he had the last one ever. I put in an offer for 200.00 hundred just to mess with the idiot.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up some spare parts and a DIC. Here are some pics. I had to separate the small trim piece from the long trim with the middle vents. I just ground the plastic rivet heads off with the dremel cut off and left the studs to slide the DIC trim back on when it goes back together.

View attachment 188053 View attachment 188054 View attachment 188055 View attachment 188056 View attachment 188057

Good write up and really neat work. Just saw this link while on google http://gmt900.wrath.org/dic.htm, also very interesting.
David g.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts