Installed Depos, have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Venom One

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics....please give me your input.....
photo-31.jpg

Right side......
photo-32.jpg

Left side.......
photo-28.jpg

Another straight view......
photo-29.jpg

With high beams on (4 hi mod)
photo-33.jpg

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look that bad to me, but I'm a newb. I don't think you can adjust the tilt by using the vertical and horizontal adjustments. Do the headlights fit straight with the hood and grill? If so, I don't think there's much you can do. If you really want to get into it I believe you can take the headlight apart and tweek the cuttoff shield.
Something similar to this- http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514509

Last edited:

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks alright to me. Without measurements I can't be totally sure but it looks alright.

Cameron

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks alright. I see what you're saying about the right-side flare. It kind of looks sloppy on a wall, but it's not bad and will help illuminate signs. Nobody will notice it unless you are pointing at a wall, though. No worries.

They both look a bit high, so if you get flashed try lowering the cutoff line about 6 inches. It is hard to tell from a picture, though.

*Actually, re-looking at the pics, especially the ones with the fire lane, the height looks about right. A basic rule of thumb is if you are behind a small sedan (BMW for instance), your lights shouldn't shine in the back window, they should just light up the back of the car. If they are lighting up their whole car, they are aimed too high....lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Venom One

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look that bad to me, but I'm a newb. I don't think you can adjust the tilt by using the vertical and horizontal adjustments. Do the headlights fit straight with the hood and grill? If so, I don't think there's much you can do. If you really want to get into it I believe you can take the headlight apart and tweek the cuttoff shield.
Something similar to this- http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514509

Thanks for all the input guys. I was looking at the info. in this link and it looks like something I would like to do. I'll see after I put in the HIDs.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I don't personally like the flat cutoff...kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a cutoff shield IMO, plus I like being able to read signs at night. But, it does look cleaner against a wall. It's not often you drive into a wall, though, I would hope. And if you do, your cutoff is probably the least of your concerns....

:Grenade:

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't personally like the flat cutoff...kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a cutoff shield IMO, plus I like being able to read signs at night. But, it does look cleaner against a wall. It's not often you drive into a wall, though, I would hope. And if you do, your cutoff is probably the least of your concerns....

:Grenade:

Signs, we don't need no stinkin signs!:Moon:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Haha...yeah, they're just suggestions, anyway.

When I'm really looking for a road, I turn on my fogs...the HID's in those spread light all over the place and light signs up great! ;)

OP
OP
Venom One

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the cut off shield. I didn't think it would have a shield on top and bottom. Normal?
photo-34.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n