Installed Depos, have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some black Depo projector lights and installed them yesterday (woot!), but have some questions. Right now it has the halogen bulb it came with and I'm going to be putting in the DDM 55 watt HIDs as soon as they get here (woot!). The cutoff is pretty good but on the passenger side, the cutoff to the far right angles up instead of straight. Could it be because of the bulb? Will it improve with the HID bulb? Could it just be that I just need to adjust the bulb? Is there any other way to adjust the aim/angle besides up and down? I'll post pics this evening. Thanks for any help!!!

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Unless it angles up severely I wouldn't worry about it. Mine angle up on the right a little but it's to help illuminate signs.

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some black Depo projector lights and installed them yesterday (woot!), but have some questions. Right now it has the halogen bulb it came with and I'm going to be putting in the DDM 55 watt HIDs as soon as they get here (woot!). The cutoff is pretty good but on the passenger side, the cutoff to the far right angles up instead of straight. Could it be because of the bulb? Will it improve with the HID bulb? Could it just be that I just need to adjust the bulb? Is there any other way to adjust the aim/angle besides up and down? I'll post pics this evening. Thanks for any help!!!

I don't think adjusting the bulb will work because the actual cut off has nothing to do with the bulb but rather the inside of the projector where they put a piece in for the cut off. Mine angled up slightly too on both sides but it wasn't really noticeable. It does actually help to light up the signs as DenaliAK said. Sometimes when you adjust the headlights left or right it straightens them out a bit.

OP
OP
Venom One

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think adjusting the bulb will work because the actual cut off has nothing to do with the bulb but rather the inside of the projector where they put a piece in for the cut off. Mine angled up slightly too on both sides but it wasn't really noticeable. It does actually help to light up the signs as DenaliAK said. Sometimes when you adjust the headlights left or right it straightens them out a bit.

I didn't see where I could adjust it left/right. The Depos have this?

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no true left or right adjustment. The adjusters actually tilt/rotate/pivot the headlight more than anything.

If you can post a pic we can probably give you an idea of where to start tweaking...

Cameron

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that's what I meant. It more tilts it since its not truely left right but it does bring it in and out slightly. But that slight tilt might help the angle issue he has if it bothers him.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

OP
OP
Venom One

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no true left or right adjustment. The adjusters actually tilt/rotate/pivot the headlight more than anything.

If you can post a pic we can probably give you an idea of where to start tweaking...

Cameron

I will post a pic tonight after it gets dark here. I know the factory lights had vertical and horizontal adjusters, but I only see one on these.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Ya that's what I meant. It more tilts it since its not truely left right but it does bring it in and out slightly. But that slight tilt might help the angle issue he has if it bothers him.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

I need to take one off and see if it has anything that would affect the tilt.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be 2 adjusters. One may be slightly out of line with the hole in the radiator support.

Cameron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076