Inside wheel wells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdj71

Reaction score
I’ve got an 07’yuk
The wheel well plastic is curling and warping. Not sure what is causing this to happen
Anyone else ever have this issue?

jcb2

Reaction score
It sounds like it was missing the plastic rivets and steel screws that held it in place. Pick up some rivets at the local auto store and try refastening it. You may have to have a friend hold it in position as you do it.

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score
It sounds like it was missing the plastic rivets and steel screws that held it in place. Pick up some rivets at the local auto store and try refastening it. You may have to have a friend hold it in position as you do it.

Thx. The plastic is curling just past the connecting points. A pic would be better standby

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have to have a friend hold it in position as you do it.
So his friend holds it while he sticks it in. Sweet. Of course I'm assuming it's a he...

Can you get a heat gun after it and mold it back into place?

jcb2

Reaction score
I see that it has broken from not being fastened adequately. It may be cheap to buy a replacement with new rivets and screws. As I remember mine has screws just in the bottom holes along the body and the rest are rivets.

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score
So his friend holds it while he sticks it in. Sweet. Of course I'm assuming it's a he...

Can you get a heat gun after it and mold it back into place?

I’ll try a heat gun.
The hair dryer just didn’t cut it. Thx. Gonna wait till it’s spring. It’s -14 Celsius

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo