Inside Brake Pad Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkrasner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some noise coming from my right rear brake, so I pulled it off and found that the inner pad was completely shot, while the outside was still fine. The left brake was fine, and I had maybe 20k on the pads. The calipers were actually replaced at the same time as the pads last time. A shop did it, and to be honest I don't remember why, but I'm assuming they noticed the same issue and figured it was a sticking piston. I greased everything up and put new pads on, nothing seemed to be noticeably sticking, but I'm assuming there must be something wrong in the lines? Any was to diagnose this or better figure out what is going on?

nharkey85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the caliper move freely on its slides? May not be sticky pistons, just the caliper cant center properly.

OP
OP
L

lkrasner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It felt fine when I pulled it off. I greased the slides up when I put it back together. I guess I will check it again in a few thousand miles and see what it looks like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts