in desperate need of help with terrible ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CleanT

Reaction score
Hey guys i really don't know what to do about this terrible ride I am having in my Tahoe (stock ride height) i mean I can cringe whenever im approaching a bump its ridiculous how bad it is and I've went to a suspension shop and they said if I want it fixed and no clunking noise when I hit bumps i need to drop 3,000 for a trailing arm...really? Does anyone ANYONEEEE have this same problem or anyone know what I am talking about? its this horrible loud clunking and a stiff ride..everything is stock as far as suspension goes and tires.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what year is it? where is the sound coming from? they said to replace a rear trailing arm?

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Need more info! If there saying rear trailing arms, check my post about RLTAs. I just replaced both RLTAs with adjustable bars. I had clunking noise, but im dropped.

OP
OP
C

CleanT

Reaction score
well its an 04 LT Tahoe and im not a hundred percent sure if has auto ride or not. I just hit 90K miles on it and the suspension/shocks and everything that has to do with ride or ride height is all stock. The sound is coming from the rear of the car toward the right side of the car so right side rear but the clunks noise gets dispersed so im not sure about direction but id say right side cuz when i hit a pot hole with my right rear that is when i normally hear it. Any more info just lemme know and WHITEOUT i know what you mean but im not dropped :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512

Latest posts