I'm almost done with my Tahoe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, changing the stepper motors is fairly easy "IF" you know how to solder and UN-solder. That's the hard part, soldering skills. If you are NOT skilled at all in soldering on electronics, then you can possibly damage the circuit board. But once you get a little practice, it's really easy. The main thing is that you need to learn how to get the solder hot enough to melt it, but NOT get the circuit board so hot that you damage it.
I am actually working on a cluster right now for a member on here.
I have @Bigbeardenali1992 cluster at the moment about to get new stepper motors and the blue LED treatment. He also sent me some sweet blue needles to install on it as well. It's gonna be sweet when it's done. I'm just stuck at the moment waiting on one more new stepper motor.
This is exactly why I asked Scotty to do my new cluster. I have no desire to play with soldering and I don’t want to screw it up. The needles, the blue LEDs, and the white gauge face is gonna look really sweet when he’s done!

Last edited:

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
This is exactly why I asked Scotty to do my new cluster. I have no desire to play with soldering and I don’t want to screw it up. The needles, the blue LEDs, and the white gauge face is gonna look really sweet when he’s done!
I wanna see pics when it’s done. I’ve been thinking of doing the same, but not sure how it will look. This should help me decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there will be many pics bth when I get it back and installed in my truck.
Aww fuckit, I might as well make another thread with plenty of before, during, and after pics. I'll just ***** it up with pictures, lol.

It should look similar to this one when it's done. But of course you will have the white face and blue LEDs and needles. IMG_20171128_224710643.jpg

IMG_20171128_223443311_HDR.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yep, changing the stepper motors is fairly easy "IF" you know how to solder and UN-solder. That's the hard part, soldering skills. If you are NOT skilled at all in soldering on electronics, then you can possibly damage the circuit board. But once you get a little practice, it's really easy. The main thing is that you need to learn how to get the solder hot enough to melt it, but NOT get the circuit board so hot that you damage it.
I am actually working on a cluster right now for a member on here.
I have @Bigbeardenali1992 cluster at the moment about to get new stepper motors and the blue LED treatment. He also sent me some sweet blue needles to install on it as well. It's gonna be sweet when it's done. I'm just stuck at the moment waiting on one more new stepper motor.
Ahhh, he was holding out on us! Lol. Surprise spoiled! I gotta see how the blue leds look with the blue needles. I wanted red needles with mine, but read the blue leds wash out the red needles. That true @ScottyBoy ?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, he was holding out on us! Lol. Surprise spoiled! I gotta see how the blue leds look with the blue needles. I wanted red needles with mine, but read the blue leds wash out the red needles. That true @ScottyBoy ?
I don't know if I wanna say that the blue LEDs "wash out" the red needles, but I CAN tell you that the blue does not light them up very well at all. In my opinion, white or blue needles look the best.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I don't know if I wanna say that the blue LEDs "wash out" the red needles, but I CAN tell you that the blue does not light them up very well at all. In my opinion, white or blue needles look the best.
I'd like to get something other then the stockers in there now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts