Idea for starting points welcome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

karlh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my Tahoe since mid-2011. We had almost 0 winter last year. I was pretty much hooked on the Tahoe for mainly "selfish & irrational reasons" as somebody said. But after some real snow, I'm hooked!

Looking into replacing a burned out DRL, I've decided since I have to pull all of the stuff apart I am going to replace all of the bulbs. I plan on using LED's except for the head lights. I'll get the Silverstars for those. As I understand it, I will only need resistors for turn signal bulbs.

So I guess my first ongoing project will be LED's throughout.

I am always more concerned about safety and function before I am appearence. Just call me Sheldon... my wife does:) Driving out in the country I know it's just a matter of time before me and some deer have an unfortunate meeting on the highway. I plan on putting a grill guard on it this year. Any ideas for improving night lighting would be greatly appreciated.

I just spent a bunch of $$ of new Michelin's. That made a huge difference in the handling. Defienately worth the extra money if anyone is looking.

So, those are my highpoints, the lighting and the grill guard. Any working ideas for improving the gas mileage would be great too.

I like the activity level here. Hopefully in time I can contribute more than I absorb from you guys.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the great rig!!

I got rid of my stock tires, and some BFG Rugged Terrains, installed HID's for my low/high beams, window vent visors, bug shield, & had my bowties painted green.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr