I want this grille in black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I want to do the same with my grille and bowties and had no luck finding an all black grille as well so I went to Home Depot and purchased some plasti dip.

Starting with the rear bowtie to see how I like it then going to move to the front.

Anyone have a recommendation on how many coats I should do?

OP
OP
UteMachine

UteMachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I went to town with the plasti dip and it looks sick! I did some debadging and dipped the rest. no more chrome. Thanks for the nudge.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

So I want to do the same with my grille and bowties and had no luck finding an all black grille as well so I went to Home Depot and purchased some plasti dip.

Starting with the rear bowtie to see how I like it then going to move to the front.

Anyone have a recommendation on how many coats I should do?

This website was very helpful. It's hars to get your head around it but you only need to mask off around the emblems. The plasti dip will perfectly peel off where it should.

http://dipyourcar.com/shop/page/5?shop_param=

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went to town with the plasti dip and it looks sick! I did some debadging and dipped the rest. no more chrome. Thanks for the nudge.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

This website was very helpful. It's hars to get your head around it but you only need to mask off around the emblems. The plasti dip will perfectly peel off where it should.

http://dipyourcar.com/shop/page/5?shop_param=

Pics or it didn't happen!!

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to do 3-4 coats to make sure it will come off easy when you decide to remove it!:D

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues other than my knuckle grazing the bowtie making me spray more coats to cover. Very simple to do and if you screw up you can peel
It off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12