I want this grille in black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UteMachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've decided this is the kind of grille I want. It doesn't involve any cutting and looks great. Problem is, this is the only one I can find that is not just a simple insert but it's not black. The price is right, do you know where I can find something like this in black so there is no chrome on the grill at all?4392760c.jpg

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for both the mesh and the edge trim in black or just the mesh?

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

The oem LS/LT grilles are black mesh with a chrome surround ... they're easy to find, pretty cheap because people are always taking them off for something else, and if you want the chrome surround black you could have it painted. Lots of folks here have done that on their blacked out trucks.

OP
OP
UteMachine

UteMachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mesh and trim. I want zero chrome on the front of my hoe.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So yes ... why not get the base oem one with the black mesh and either paint or plasti-dip the chrome surround trim?

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Here, I'm pretty sure that's what BlackedoutLT3 did:

picture.jpg

OP
OP
UteMachine

UteMachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've thought about that but I'd like to bolt on something aftermarket and call it good.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, there's no overlay that's going to cover the chrome surround ... and the only aftermarket grilles I know of that have a non chrome surround trim are the one piece ones that require you to cut away the center piece between the upper and lower grilles.

Someone may know of another option but I can't conceive of one that wouldn't involve painting or plasti-dipping the surroundin chrome.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

OP
OP
UteMachine

UteMachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too was fooled by that one. If you look close it's just an insert. I think you've convinced me to plasti dip the grill and emblem. Can I plasti dip the rear emblem?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

But the emblems you can buy gloss black if you prefer gloss to matte and not doing it yourself.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

I suppose you could also vinyl wrap the chrome/bowties ... but I don't anything about how that's done. :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts