I need some advice...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girl friend, now my wife, bought an 82 RX-7 new, put 100k on it, then bought an 87 new. Great little cars.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
As a low key example- Many years ago, someone I knew built an MG with a Hi hp mazda rotary. Couldn't tell it was running when idling, But loved to eat camaros and vettes and mustangs for money at stop lights.
You will learn alot about advertising while following these boards and builds on what works and what jusst eats holes in your wallet.
And If mom and Dad are nervous about your girlfriend, you should be too!
To add to this. If the girlfriend gives you trouble about the truck re-home it immediately. The girlfriend that is. Learn to wrench and mess with girls later.

Raptor Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm 15 and I want to start getting into modding cars, I'm most likely gonna inherit my dad's 2007 Tahoe. I'm looking for an air intake that fits in his model, I can post a picture of his engine if you need it. I appreciate it.

Some of my first under hood mods were intake and headers for my 2007 Tahoe. Both improved the power and sound.

03DB8B92-30CB-4E9C-9E4C-BC091F16A4A0.jpeg 305EAF9B-334A-4169-A068-A4172F51A5F1.jpeg

Many other mods followed... went for the lift option. We live in the country.

F90942DB-BA51-4B0A-A25A-842F64D780AE.jpeg

Good luck with your 2007!

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the party!

Nice to see a young guy in here willing to learn. There is decades upon decades of experience in here and we all have a pretty good sense of humor.

Also long as your willing to listen and learn........this place with be one of the best free resources you could have.

I agree, with others are that have said that the Airaid MIT tube and drop in flat panel filter. If its good enough for my fully built cam, heads, intake, exhaust and tuned PPV; it will work for you.

Rear resonator delete is a nice freebie mod......not much in terms of power, but increased/tasteful sound increase and shouldn't piss the family off to much LOL

Clean your throttle body, MAF, fresh plugs and wires.......all nice easy DIY tasks that can be doen in the driveway with basic hand tools.

Trans filter/fluid, transfer case fluid and differential fluid are nice cheap and easy maintenance task as well for a week.

If you have questions, let us know. We all remember starting out, so let us help you by learning from our mistakes LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts