I have some squeeks and rattles, how to fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Pro-5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, starting with my suspension. my truck has over 70k miles. i am assuming i need to shocks and sway bar bushings. When i cruise slow over bumps, go through turns slowly, and even backing out of my drive way, i hear creeking and light squeeking from the front. do sway bar bushings and shocks sound like the casue of this?

also, both of my front doors have a rattle. i'm assuming its the door lock or something similar, but i am wondering if this is common and if there is an easy fix.

i have not even looked under my truck yet or pulled off dorr panels to figure this out, just wanting to do some homework before doing so.

thanks in advance

Reaction score
ok, starting with my suspension. my truck has over 70k miles. i am assuming i need to shocks and sway bar bushings. When i cruise slow over bumps, go through turns slowly, and even backing out of my drive way, i hear creeking and light squeeking from the front. do sway bar bushings and shocks sound like the casue of this?

also, both of my front doors have a rattle. i'm assuming its the door lock or something similar, but i am wondering if this is common and if there is an easy fix.

i have not even looked under my truck yet or pulled off dorr panels to figure this out, just wanting to do some homework before doing so.

thanks in advance

First thing first, crawl under the front and spray down all the bushings and "pivot points" with wd-40 or something similar and then drive it. if you still have squeaks then it wont be the bushings.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read that the strike plates (which hold the posts that the door claps latch and lock to) can be the cause of door rattles. Not sure if this is your rattle, but maybe adjusting the strike plate would help.

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that kinda sounds like thats where the noise is coming from so i'll try that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb