hub assembly part #'s ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanm1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi everybody my names ryan and im pretty new to the forum. I have a 97 Tahoe 4x4 I am slowly buying parts for when I can afford to. I have been seeing a lot of parts from different brands with the same part numbers. For example for front hub assemblies with the part number 515024 are made by various companies are they the same. at my local parts store they are duracraft on rock auto they are valuecraft, also moog has same part number for their hub assembly, Mevotech has the same part number and magneti merelli, so my question is if they have the same part number does that basicly mean they are the same part built buy the same build house regardless of what box it comes in, rockauto for sure has the best prices over my parts stores, but the valuecraft is like $52 and the moog is like $107 and the mevotech is like $65 so is the price difference just paying for the name on the box, do you think the mevotechs would be good for a daily driver highway car I don't offroad, please let me know some actual answers please

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IMO I would do it once and get the Timken Hub/Bearing from Rock Auto. #SP550307, for $110. Best in my opinion and top quality. The others will wear out quicker than you want. Again, IMO.

OP
OP
R

ryanm1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sorry I posted this in the wrong section but the same questions should apply for this year range also I understand what your saying, but there are also other brands that have that same timken part number too, so just wondering if all parts that have the same part number come from the same place regardless of the name on the box, or are the different even though they have the same part numbers, that is what im wondering I do plan to buy good ones not the most expensive and not the cheapest but somewhere in between, just wondering if they are different parts with the same part number or not

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moved to the proper section

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Timken like other companies will make knock off lesser quality parts for other companies that box them with their company name and they can either use their own part number or the same one. That is why when you go in to a parts store they will have the premium brand and a generic less expensive brand. The warranty may even be lifetime warranty but how many times do you want to change it? A cheap one is great for a rig you are selling right now. Tolerances will not be as good, fit and finish will not be as good. It can even have adapting parts in the kit to make one size fits all repair.

OP
OP
R

ryanm1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok thank you for the info and thank you for moving this to the right section, ill just keep saving up and go with all good parts just so I don't have to go through the labor more than once, just started a part time job so im going to just buy things piece by piece until I get everything I want and do most or all of it at one time, most likely ill have a pretty nice pile of parts when im done lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JVega