HRE wheels & Baer brakes feeler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contemplating letting the truck go but trying to see if there's a market for the aftermarket stuff

Any thoughts on what this is worth ... wheels/brakes were $9,800 and brakes $8,000

HRE wheels
20" TR106 on 275/60/20 KOs

Baer brakes
15" front/rear Extreme+ 6pot setup

UGjNsIA.jpg

wdxEJEb.jpg

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while we are getting oem wheels off CL or reproduction, you actually put some very Nice HRE wheels on your truck!
I would say for them and the rest, pull as much off the custom stuff out, CL for stockers cheap and sell as much of the aftermarket things online.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO there is always a market for lightly used aftermarket car/truck parts that are in good shape. In your case, your wheel/tire set-up and brakes are of high caliper and look to be in good condition. The market for those willing to spend $8-$10K on a nice forged monoblock wheel set-up is very small, additionally you don't see many running around with $8,000 big brake kits. Your challenge will be the difference between what you spent on these parts new and what someone is actually willing to pay.

If you listed the HRE wheel and tire set-up they could probably sell for $3,800-$5,000, even to me that seems low for what you paid. But the market for that caliper of wheel is small and not many appreciate the difference between a forged monoblock wheel vs. a cast wheel, let alone are willing to pay for it.

As far as your Baer Big Brake kit, it'll depend on how many miles are on them and the life left on the pads, but I'd say you could probably sell those for $3,500-$4,000.

I'm just ball parking numbers here since you asked so by no means should you take this as the gospel.

That being said, if you are considering trading the truck in, by all means do not trade it in with the HRE wheel/tire and Baer brake set up. Dealers aren't going to give you any extra on your trade for them. Now if you're plan is to list it as a private sale, sure leave them on, you may find a buyer who wants to buy your truck because these parts are on it, whether he wants to pay extra for them is a different question but can be determined quickly.

OP
OP
N

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All great advice here

Tried the dealer route, zero value add, and I've (almost) been burned twice on eBay selling high end items so it's just not worth the headache (one took 4 months to resolve)

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like most have said here, strip it and sell privately. If you get anything you will be money ahead.

Some people look at vehicles with aftermarket parts and say, “Oh, they have aftermarket parts. They must have driven the vehicle hard/hot rodded it around... I don’t want that vehicle, it’s not factory.” It actually becomes a hinderance for a dealer.

That being said, I would be more than happy to help you out of a jam and relieve you of the brake trouble for $400. You could get more (but I can’t afford it), but think of all the angst and trouble I am saving you! :D

Anyway, the biggest key is for you to enjoy the items while you own the truck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say list the brakes on ebay separately front/rear for 1/2 price of retail (starting price), not all transactions are ******* ebay, they do happen but not often, the key is to be completely honest in the description, take lots of pictures, stipulate the shipping cost ahead of time (just figure the ACTUAL cost for ground shipping from your location to the other side of the states and make that a fixed shipping price, make them for sale in the continental usa only, no po box or ak, hi etc.) overcharging for shipping is not necessary just pack them right and use insurance.
I have been selling on ebay for 20 years if you want any tips just pm me. don't take low ball offers you can get a decent price for the brakes I know you can get at least 1/2 retail unless there damaged.

TahoeOn33s

Reaction score
How you sold the brakes?

Contemplating letting the truck go but trying to see if there's a market for the aftermarket stuff

Any thoughts on what this is worth ... wheels/brakes were $9,800 and brakes $8,000

HRE wheels
20" TR106 on 275/60/20 KOs

Baer brakes
15" front/rear Extreme+ 6pot setup

UGjNsIA.jpg

wdxEJEb.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71