How to remove rear vent cap appliques?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been seriously thinking about taking off the roof rack. I think it'll look so much cleaner also. Has anyone done this? Would I need to use plugs for the bolt holes? Do the holes go all the way through into the interior? Any water leakage issues once removed?

@Tonyrodz

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/roof-rack-removal.74939/

Most guys just put the same screws back in place, maybe with a bit of silicone won't hurt. Or use the set/grub screws. That thread has the exact size from a post I put up.

The holes and threaded inserts go all the way thru the roof. You would have to remove the headliner to access them and get the long nut off of them to completely remove the insert. Unless you are completely shaving it clean, leave them on and just put the screws back in place. I know that is a repeat answer, but it is high enough and low profile enough, again that the average person will never notice nor will they care. Only the TYF will notice.

Take it off, rock it and see what you think. Take you 1/2 hour to change the look for free. Good luck.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thx! Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend and give it a shot. I've always liked the looks of the ppv vehicles.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Damn! Electrical is beyond me! What exactly am I looking at?

50w resistor. Don't need to know anything about electrical since it's only 2 steps and pretty fool proof.
Just wire one side to the ground wire and the other side to the power. Don't matter which end of the resistor goes where. So just hook up 1 negative and one positive.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished product......Esky caps

0036.jpg

Stock - Painted
DSC01160.jpg

Street Scenes smoothies
tahoerollpan.gif
Oh my,god that red Denali is gorgeous! That's the color I wanted! Haha. Wanna swap,trucks with me? Lol. My truck looks just like that but in silver. Esky roof racks and end vents on my truck as well haha.

cjanderson3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just mounted up my esky d-pillar vent covers today. I'm super happy with them but torn on weather to leave the plasti-dipped or paint them body color!?!?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body color. Even with the smoked tails, the body color appliques will pick up the A and B pillars and color matched handles, giving it a longer look being all the same color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645