How to remove rear vent cap appliques?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zumwalt

Reaction score
just jumped in on this conversation, what tail lights are you running on the barndoor model? @Cattivo Also what year caddy vents will fit the 03 tahoe?

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just jumped in on this conversation, what tail lights are you running on the barndoor model? @Cattivo Also what year caddy vents will fit the 03 tahoe?

These are the LED tail lights I have on my barn door Tahoe...it's a pretty easy mod, all you have to do is remove the part that interferes with the bottom hinge of the barn doors. I recommend using a dremel with a cut off wheel. You can get a better idea of what I mean if you want to look on page 5 of my build thread

2000-2006 GMC Yukon Denali XL Red Lens LED Tail Lights Brake Lamp | eBay

I believe any NBS Caddy(2000-2006) rear vent caps should fit your 03 Tahoe brother...someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
These are the LED tail lights I have on my barn door Tahoe...it's a pretty easy mod, all you have to do is remove the part that interferes with the bottom hinge of the barn doors. I recommend using a dremel with a cut off wheel. You can get a better idea of what I mean if you want to look on page 5 of my build thread

2000-2006 GMC Yukon Denali XL Red Lens LED Tail Lights Brake Lamp | eBay

I believe any NBS Caddy(2000-2006) rear vent caps should fit your 03 Tahoe brother...someone please correct me if I'm wrong
No one will correct you, cause you is right. All years fit all years, fit all models.
(Except that caddy is 02-06)

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Know this is old but is there an easy way to remove these things? I’ve got my esky vents ready but I have jerked pulled cussed and cannot get my old ones off. I even took some rope threaded it through the vent to use as a handle for some leverage and nothing. I don’t want to destroy mine but I’m to the point of cutting them off and then getting the tabs behind the glass out.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Know this is old but is there an easy way to remove these things? I’ve got my esky vents ready but I have jerked pulled cussed and cannot get my old ones off. I even took some rope threaded it through the vent to use as a handle for some leverage and nothing. I don’t want to destroy mine but I’m to the point of cutting them off and then getting the tabs behind the glass out.
Unscrew then first then yank them off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01