How to clear/paint your corner lights! **PICS**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Nope they are stock blizz, I just took them off the other day and wet sanded them down to get rid of the water damage and Put a few new coats of clear on them. There just shined up stock Tails. I didnt like the blacked out ones remember?
28med7t.jpg

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blizz you have one hot truck one of a kind and thank you for showing this to use im gonna try this as long as i dont get yelled at hah im not gonna paint mine though just gonna remove the yellow thanks again

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was also just wondering to you think you can just use a heat gun or oven is the best way?

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Next up Blizz, you should do the oven method again to remove the orange reflector from the headlights. Why not put a white or red bulb in the turn signal spot instead of orange.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks 2loud :Handshake:

Yea, its super easy in the oven...it melts the silicone evenly...I dont believe a heat gun will be as simple...it looked great with just the reflector out...I almost didnt paint them red because I liked the look of the clear corners so much...but I figured, I wanna keep doing the black and red on my truck..so yea, I painted them lol

Denalianyone...I know...thers a few things I have been slacking on ever since I got my motorcycle and started school

As for the turn signal bulbs...its illegal to have any red light coming from the front of your vehicle while your driving on public roadways. If I add a red bulb, it would get me pulled over quicker then anything. (I just got a ticket 2 days ago for no front license plate by the way)...and a white bulb will reflect red in the red housing...what I'm actually going to do since the orange bulb is reflecting a little too dark is replace it with a yellow bulb instead...yellow bulb in red housing should give a better orange light..

BY THE WAY...I finished my "secret" corner light project MONTHS ago..."thehoe92" already saw it...I just havent posted pics because I need a better quality video to show you really what the deal is...I'll see if I can use his cam while we install his drop kit on the hoe! ;)

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I used your tecnique with clearing out my head lights and geez!!!!!... putting them in the oven made it so much easier! I would of never thought of it if you didn't post it on here.

Well maybe I would of thought of it but it would of taken me some time to figure it out. haha...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali