How the hell do I remove those last bolt?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There are as many opinions out there about brake pads and rotors as there are people. Some love the drilled and slotted but I don't. Have seen the rotors crack at these spots. I like to use quality line Raybestos pads and rotors and make sure all surfaces are completely clean when reassemble. Use the ceramic pads. Usually the drilled and slotted make the noise because of the cracks and I have run in to that but I have also ran in to ones that didn't, like 07Burb. I lean toward what I know works for me and I have counted on for many years. But there may be a better mousetrap out there with the other designs.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Get plenty of brake clean and remember to clean the rotor surfaces. New does not mean clean and even spray the pads. Your grimy fingerprints create dirt on the pad surface. Then when all back together go out and burnish in the brakes. That helps seat the pads and rotor surfaces and you have a better chance of no noises but there is never a guarantee of no brake noises. Think of the noise that planes make when applying brakes and they are working properly.

KWIKNVA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went with set of slotted and dimple rotors from Brake Performance with OE pads for my wife's MDX. So far so good on noise, performance and rust. My brother has a set on his C5 and has been happy with them. My biggest issue is rotors that have hats that rust. Makes any nice rim and tire set up look bad! I'll grab sets for my 3500 dually and Yukon next year. They offer cross, slotted, and dimple, or basic. Pricing is decent with a offer of free pads and free shipping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84