How can I fix this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burb!!

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, i almost ordered 2 sets until I read the post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

Mikes07

Reaction score
My passenger side broke today on my 07 escalade, ordered new ones. How much or what's the spec to tighten up the new ones?

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless the nut tightens against a shoulder on the bolt, tighten them until the bushings just start to bulge. You're done.

Burb, you'll probably want to get a spare set for the next time. Those things really take a beating. I replace at least one bushing on my wife's 9C1 Caprice every oil change. I keep a supply in the garage. The jingling of the washers is really annoying, and a telltale that a bushing has exited the vehicle.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could just need tightening the nut, the problem should be solved without cost.

IF the bolt thread is near end, just add a couple of washers, re-tighten the nut.

What is the big deal?

The first picture is the drivers side which is squeeking like crazy because the sway bar is moving up and down the bolt, the second picture is the passenger side which does not squeek and the rubber grommet on the sway bar is in the correct position. How would I fix the the driver's side position to eliminate the squeek?
beba7eve.jpg
azu6eqyd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

Mikes07

Reaction score
For some reason I can't seem to get the right sway bar links? I ordered some and they didn't fit. I went to autozone today and the ones they gave me are to long as well, the plastic sleeve on the bolt from the one I took off is 3 1/2 inches long, on both sets I tried today the metal sleeve is 4 1/2 inches long? Does anyone have the correct part number ?

That picture above is missing a rubber bushing.

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's squeaking like crazy, the sway bar bushings (where the bar is attached to the frame) may need some lubrication. Squeaking is common with those bushings.
Your end links look loose because they are missing a couple of the bushings...but I doubt that is what is squeaking. It should clunk if that loose.