How can I fix this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first picture is the drivers side which is squeeking like crazy because the sway bar is moving up and down the bolt, the second picture is the passenger side which does not squeek and the rubber grommet on the sway bar is in the correct position. How would I fix the the driver's side position to eliminate the squeek?
beba7eve.jpg
azu6eqyd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd go to an auto parts store like Napa or something and pay $30 for 2 brand new ones...

SS-39.jpg

OP
OP
Burb!!

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, so I don't have to get the exact oem part just a universal one with the same dimensions right?

DennisW1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, so I don't have to get the exact oem part just a universal one with the same dimensions right?

They have to be the correct bolt length, best to get the proper ones for your truck. Why cheap on such inexpensive parts?

OP
OP
Burb!!

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing, after some research, I noticed the oem ones are not that expensive, so might just be getting those.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The squeaking is from both.
Like Nathan said, replace both of them. That would also be my advise.
Both pictures have spaces in between them. Drivers is above the passenger is below. You should not have any spaces between them at all.
Replacing them and tightening them to spec would eliminate the issue.

OP
OP
Burb!!

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am replacing both of them, it's just that the driver side one is the one driving me crazy right now with the squeak.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Ac delco is like 14 on rock auto.

Would you happen to have a link to that?

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 for our 08 from rock auto, picture from rock looks like the OE ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trappnastyy