Hmmm....Need help with Big Decision on my Tahoe

What Should I do?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my Tahoe in Early May this year and its a 2004 Tahoe LT with 85,500 miles. I have added HID lowbeams and foglights, Billet Grill, Alpine 12" Type R Subs and 2 Alpine 650RMS Amps and a Capacitor, LED tails, and there are some other stuff as well.

What I did was put mostly all the payment on the car down and took out a $7,500 3-year loan which I expected to pay back in 12-15ish months. (I am a junior in College with 6 classes a semester, so I work as much as i can to pay it off).

Ok....so finally my question lol. I just got a call from my lawyer{got into a accident when i was 15 years old} and my insurance company wants to settle out of court for $8,000 (all to me after fees) and I plan on playing off my Tahoe in full and putting rest towards my insurance for this year (Over $2,000 a year).

My options now are to sell my Tahoe and pick up a 2005-2006 Escalade, Denali with 35-40k miles on it and take out another $7,000 loan and pay another +$1,000 in sales tax or should I just put $3,000-5,000 of mods and additions into my Tahoe (BlackBear, Corsa exhaust, Pioneer Z3, Headers, long-tubes, etc)

What do you all think?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
paid off Tahoe?, keep it....do mods in small increments.

when you get out of school, you will have a sweet, paid off Tahoe, you can sell outright, and buy a brand new one with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....toughie ..All 3 of those are good options lol....

As for the Denali VS Escalade..They are the same truck...so it just depends on your person preference in the looks of the vehicle.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
although i am kind of biased the escalades are sick buct i say go with an 05-06 denali and mod it. not that many mods for an escy, tons for a nali

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
although i am kind of biased the escalades are sick buct i say go with an 05-06 denali and mod it. not that many mods for an escy, tons for a nali

Yea I agree, but I think Escalade look a bit nicer then Denalis....Dont hate on me for that comment please haha.

Also, i think your close to my hometown..where I am when I'm not at college..Pittsfield MA

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya only like an hr or 2 away. i some what agree. the escys dash and center console is nice but i like the nali better cuz it looks sporty. the escy is a little too square for my liking. def go with a nali tho. you can always go with an escy dash, besides the nali and the dash is still a huge step up from the hoe, no offense.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
ya only like an hr or 2 away. i some what agree. the escys dash and center console is nice but i like the nali better cuz it looks sporty. the escy is a little too square for my liking. def go with a nali tho. you can always go with an escy dash, besides the nali and the dash is still a huge step up from the hoe, no offense.

I agree with you, I could always buy a escalde dash and guages for $500-600 for my hoe. Its a hard decision to make now, The main things keeping me back is paying another $1,000+ in sales tax in less then a year. I would rather spend that $1,000 in mods haha

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i see what you mean but its worth the money, u can keep your tails, rims, chrome door handles, cai, all your HIDs, and whatever else as long as you have the oem parts

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say keep it because, being in college and having a paid off car is always good. You never know what may come up. If you want pay it off, save some money and keep adding to it, then when you get a good job, buy a new ride with the cash and trade in.

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
If I were in your situation, I would put the cash in a Bank CD that is FDIC insured and sit on it, keep up your current pay off plan. Look at this settlement as a gift and a security blanket.

The economy is a POS right now, cash is king. Since you are in college, and you are able to keep up your current routine, I would stick with that.

Once you graduate, you will have the seed money you need to get an apartment, and have some time to get the right career, not just a job.

Also, you have already started to mod your truck, you already know it and if you trade it in, you won't get your money back out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet