High Flow Cat for 04 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So im looking to replace my cats with high flow ones during my new muffler install. I found a few that were pretty cheap....around $80 each. Is it necassary to get an obd2 compliant cat or is a pre-obd2 cat ok? And any good suggestions as to which one i should go for? I was looking at the Magnaflo 54959 as a possibility.....would they be ok?

Z28TWITCH

Reaction score
If your existing cats arent bad dont bother messing with them...no gain in power and itll just rasp/rattle/pop more...

OP
OP
K

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if they're bad at all but my truck has 174k on it and I'm pretty sire they're the original cats.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had experience with the magnaflow generic cats and theyve been good, even passing a sniffer type emissions test.

OP
OP
K

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna see about getting a pair installed wirhimg the next few months. Have other issues right now unfortunately

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you live in a place where they do the emissions testing? If not, I'd skip the high flow cats and go straight to long tubes and Offroad Y-pipe

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If you're not getting a code, I'd just leave them alone. Spend money on something else.