Hidden Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
]Ok so i have been thinking of doing a hidden winch for a little while now..
similar to this but i would have my vanity plate cover the guides so that it is seamless.. has anyone ever thought of this? i am thinking it would come thru my lower plastic vailance in the center just under the metal of the bumper..

on a Z71
0701or_00_z%202006_chevrolet_z71_tahoe_4x4%20front_view.jpg

warn_winch01.jpg

warn_winch02.jpg

Last edited:

bikerglasses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen some one sell a plate holder that clips onto the winch rollers so its hidden. I'll see if I can find a link.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yukon&Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does it come with a new bumper vailance or do you have to mutilate/trim yours? I like the ones pictured, but don't know if I've seen one on a vehicle?? Why does it need to be hidden by the plate..... it's not a lowered g-mobile, but a proud & tall "machine". Heck I'd even through on a pair of these to balance the added weight in the front.......
p1plate.jpg

Seriously.... I like the hidden winch, just don't think I'd cover it.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That warn hidden mount is cool but damn expensive. You could easily make the mount yourself if you have the tools.

bikerglasses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the hidden look but personally I'd rather do front receiver mount and then receiver mounted winch so I can move front to back and take off when not using.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks this may be my winter present to the Tahoe. I like the clean look I have now. Up in air about the covering or not. Part of the covering it up is security and to remain Loking stock clean. I guess once I do it if I can bring myself to pull the trigger on the winch I can always try both looks.

As for the price of the mount. I've decided to simply get some 3/8 steel and build the mount at a buddies machine shop. (I still don't have a welder. Hopefully Santa will bring me a nice little miller)

As for the lower vailance I will cut one. And plan to make an alum guide plate thick on back side thin 1/8" black powder coated. This will sandwich with the back side. I'm also planing to run synthetic rope and not death trap cable.

Couple reason, cable kinks, rusts, snaps and whips around violently, also metal splinters,

Synthetic rope. Drops to the ground if breaks, has warranty, safe from whiplash, will not fling and damag te car, NO RUST overall better.

I have the wife on board with the mod as a "saftey feature"

OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not going for cool points. It's function. And tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900