HID projector retrofit or parts for 02 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickp

Reaction score
I've been doing some reading on HID projector lights and there seems to be some common opinions out there from what i can tell.
The first one is that the HID projector kits suck, apparently they are super flashy/glowy and blinding to other drivers.
The other opinion and what seems to be the preferred one is to put together a kit from specific parts.
So here's my question, what parts would work on a 02 Tahoe. People talk about using DEPO Denali headlights or projectors (after removing them i guess) but those wont fit on a Chevy tahoe as far as I can understand, so whats an alternative for a good set of headlights that wont turn me into "THAT GUY" driving down the street, lololo!!!! if you guys know what I mean. :)

Sorry if this seems very elementary to some but this is my first introduction to these types of lights. I really like the new look of them, but I'm not looking to piss off other drivers or not have adequate lighting.

So what will work on my 02 Tahoe? Is the Retrofit Store a good source for info and parts that might work on my 02?

thanks

Last edited:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PM, TahoeWhat, he has a set of custom quad projectors for sale.
They are the Bi-Zenon type. they have a high/low feature. Very bright, very nice. Must get.

OP
OP
rickp

rickp

Reaction score
thank you so much I'll reach out to him now.

mosthated818

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been doing some reading on HID projector lights and there seems to be some common opinions out there from what i can tell.
The first one is that the HID projector kits suck, apparently they are super flashy/glowy and blinding to other drivers.
The other opinion and what seems to be the preferred one is to put together a kit from specific parts.
So here's my question, what parts would work on a 02 Tahoe. People talk about using DEPO Denali headlights or projectors (after removing them i guess) but those wont fit on a Chevy tahoe as far as I can understand, so whats an alternative for a good set of headlights that wont turn me into "THAT GUY" driving down the street, lololo!!!! if you guys know what I mean. :)

Sorry if this seems very elementary to some but this is my first introduction to these types of lights. I really like the new look of them, but I'm not looking to piss off other drivers or not have adequate lighting.

So what will work on my 02 Tahoe? Is the Retrofit Store a good source for info and parts that might work on my 02?

thanks
I have a 2002 Yukon Denali full HID kit. Headlights and fog lights. I live in Southern California. 818 to be exact. I never have an issue. If you want exact fitment I can give you the direct phone number to order direct from the seller. 100 percent will fit stock headlight housing and or aftermarket. Let me know. I'm new to this site.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rick - I have pmed you about my custom Quad retrofit on my 05 Tahoe.

Vast improvement over hids in stock housing.

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had HID's in Depo projectors for a while, and while they were better than HID's in a stock or "clear" aftermarket type headlight (which sucks), they weren't that great. I retrofitted another set of headlights I had laying around, it made a WORLD of difference. I used the same bulbs & ballasts I already had, but the difference in light output was tremendous. No glare or hotspots, or blinding traffic. Just a nice sharp cutoff, and more useable light. I noticed they illuminate signs that are farther away than my old setup did. Plus now they have that cool flicker effect, lol.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Retrofit is the way to go. I have done just about all versions of hids. In the following order- stock reflectors, Ebay projectors, depo projectors, mini h1 projectors and finally my quad projector setup. Every time I upgraded there was a huge difference in light output, control and visibility. For the average Joe mini h1 projectors will suffice, if you want more then you start looking for oem projectors from lexus, acura, and such. Go to theretrofitsource.com and browse a bit. Also hidplanet has alot of examples as well as retrofit companies like black flame customs and light works. Just go ahead and dive in!

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retrofit is the way to go. Huge difference over stock housings and hids. I love mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts