Hi-Lift Jacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't bother if you want it to use it for a jack, for pulling fence posts and stretching fence wire they're great.

There aren't any good places to actually lift these trucks with one.
I've got the 60" hi-lift and picked the rear up by sliding it inside the receiver hitch but it's just too unstable to be safe IMO. I bought the bumper adapter and it puts the jack too close to the body, one slip and the grille/fender/rear door is toast.

Get another floor jack and be done with it...just my .02

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts for what it's worth....

If you are going off roading, they are almost a must have item. Don't buy the 3' or even the 4'. Get the 6' one.
They almost always disappear into the ground as your lifting, then your finally getting the wheels out of the hole and crap! Your out of lift! I'm talking from experience here!

Your right, don't buy one to use on a bumper on our trucks. Jeeps yes. But our trucks are too heavy.

Here is the before pic....Nice looking bumper!
picture.jpg

Here is the after pic....used a hi-lift and mangled the bumper...
picture.jpg

You mentioned that you would never lift by anything painted, Good idea on your trucks. So I would suggest looking for a good frame lift or the wheel lift accessory.
Lots of guys buy the shorter ones and mount them on a roof basket just for looks. They never have an intention of using them though...
You can tell who has one for use and for looks by seeing how long they are...:)

Finally if your not going to be offroading, then just buy a floor jack.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. Like I said, I donlt wheel anymore for many reasons. I will be investing in a decent floor jack to keep in the truck. It will be roadside use only so it will be fine.

If I still wheeled I would get the hi-lift.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
x2 the bigger floor jack.

Hi-lifts are great for offroading but they are dangerous as heck and should never be used if a good floor jack is available.

Sorry to simply reiterate what they guys are saying...but these jacks are awesome when used properly, but really dangerous otherwise (i have an Extreme Hi-Lift), especially on such heavy trucks.

They are a bunch of vids on youtube showing their various capabilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbeezy