Hi, first post.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Sport

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking for a 2wd Tahoe, I came across a 2007 Tahoe PPV. I just found this site the other day. Great resource. I wasn't very familiar with them except knowing they are a police fleet vehicle and have a lower ride height. I like the lowered ride height w black steelies. Whether I wind up with that '07 or not, going to look Monday, I think I will be getting a PPV. Cheaper then regular Tahoe's for one.

My purpose is as a daily driver. Replacing 99 S10 Blazer. I had a 2000 Yukon previously, too.
My immediate plans would be to install a hitch, light harness and tow mode shifter. For towing a mower and trailer. Perhaps a car every now and then.

What do you use your PPV for? daily specialty?
For my info what are 07's going for?
I know many variables, just interested in going rates and value.
Looking forward to getting a PPV and using this site.
Thanks for any and all input.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Jerry welcome to the forum, My SSV is my daily driver it's the 4wd version of a PPV, comes with the hitch and tow haul mode, still a less expensive version of a civilian Tahoe.

Price is going to be dependent on location, condition and mileage.

Not knowing your budget, I have noticed on Ebay, Asia motors, and Chicago motors they tend to sell a lot of nice ex government Tahoe's and they are in your part of the world. You might start there.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to stick under 150k miles, if not maintained properly they will have engine issues. I got mine from NJSP with 114k miles and am now on 121k miles that includes 3 trips from NJ to Florida plus daily driving. Mine's my daily driver but also my demo vehicle for work. If you have any questions or have a certain vehicle you're looking at let me know and I can run the VIN since I work at a dealer in their fleet department and can give you a pretty good idea of what its done its life and where it came from.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking for a 2wd Tahoe, I came across a 2007 Tahoe PPV. I just found this site the other day. Great resource. I wasn't very familiar with them except knowing they are a police fleet vehicle and have a lower ride height. I like the lowered ride height w black steelies. Whether I wind up with that '07 or not, going to look Monday, I think I will be getting a PPV. Cheaper then regular Tahoe's for one.

My purpose is as a daily driver. Replacing 99 S10 Blazer. I had a 2000 Yukon previously, too.
My immediate plans would be to install a hitch, light harness and tow mode shifter. For towing a mower and trailer. Perhaps a car every now and then.

What do you use your PPV for? daily specialty?
For my info what are 07's going for?
I know many variables, just interested in going rates and value.
Looking forward to getting a PPV and using this site.
Thanks for any and all input.

Definitely look at chicago motors. Also welcome motors. Both in Chicago. Guys come from all over for Chicago motors vehicles.

Perro

Reaction score
Welcome, I also looked at Asia motors first(website) looks like they have their stuff together. I ended buying my out of a Houston-area auction.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I also looked at Asia motors first(website) looks like they have their stuff together. I ended buying my out of a Houston-area auction.

Asia motors is overpriced VS Chicago/Welcome Motors. I'm originally from Chicago and been to all 3 of them.
But I did purchase a Impala from Chicago motors few years ago and it was "Okayish" experience with them. Customer service needed improvement and it ended up needing a minor tune up :blah:

Dave

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Chicago Motors took a shot at Asia and Welcome motors, who are in the same area. Claimed that the other dealers had ones on their lot that they would not even try to sell.

I started trusting these guys which turned in to a bit of a mistake. They are very busy there, 80 vehicles a month.

Make sure you check everything you can, and realize that a CarFax won't always help you.
A fleet vehicle easily ends up quietly repaired and wholesaled before insurance, claims and CarFax are aware.

A lot of the stuff comes from the GSA auctions, which you used to be able to by from directly, but it looks like now you have to be a dealer to touch the vehicles. GSA dumps them to the wholesale auctions where these guys get them. Mine changed hands three times in four days, so you know our tax dollars are being dumped cheap if everyone is able to make a profit on these before we see them.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Chicago Motors took a shot at Asia and Welcome motors, who are in the same area. Claimed that the other dealers had ones on their lot that they would not even try to sell.

I started trusting these guys which turned in to a bit of a mistake. They are very busy there, 80 vehicles a month.

Make sure you check everything you can, and realize that a CarFax won't always help you.
A fleet vehicle easily ends up quietly repaired and wholesaled before insurance, claims and CarFax are aware.

A lot of the stuff comes from the GSA auctions, which you used to be able to by from directly, but it looks like now you have to be a dealer to touch the vehicles. GSA dumps them to the wholesale auctions where these guys get them. Mine changed hands three times in four days, so you know our tax dollars are being dumped cheap if everyone is able to make a profit on these before we see them.
As a dealer I'll have to check out the GSA auctions, and we have a GSA code thing too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e