First Post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He likely lives on east coast and takes a train in to the city and leaves vehicle at a train station when doing so. People with sheltered lives........LOL!

Welcome @solli5pack to the forum. Please correct me if I am wrong about the "train station" thing.
Thanks for the welcome! You're right. Live in N.J. and work in N.Y. so most of my driving is back an forth from the train station. Plan on rolling with the Burban down to Florida to visit my daughter once I get the misfire straightened out.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! You're right. Live in N.J. and work in N.Y. so most of my driving is back an forth from the train station. Plan on rolling with the Burban down to Florida to visit my daughter once I get the misfire straightened out.
I know the drill. I lived in NJ many years ago and rode the bus into NYC to work every day. I had an advantage, though, as I was only a 5 minute walk from my house to the bus stop.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now in Secaucus N.J and dread going back to South Florida in that jungle heat after July 4th. Been here since early May. Thinking seriously about moving back to Queens or North Jersey [near the Lincoln Tunnel as Mass Transit is easy there] sometime next year before the summer. I am in Manhattan almost everyday.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He likely lives on east coast and takes a train in to the city and leaves vehicle at a train station when doing so. People with sheltered lives........LOL!

Welcome @solli5pack to the forum. Please correct me if I am wrong about the "train station" thing.

I had no idea. I guess you use a beater car so when it's broken into you don't care as much?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It takes anywhere from 60-90 or more minute's to cross the GWB or Lincoln Tunnel or Holland Tunnel every morning plus a 17 dollar toll plus 40-50 bucks per day to park. I generally take the bus in from New Jersey unless I plan on coming back late

Sunday morning is easy to get in and park for free but by Sunday after 1PM the nightmare traffic starts until about 9PM.

If there was a train station near me I would use it but the bus is close to where I am here and they get in quick using special lanes during certain hours in the AM.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It takes anywhere from 60-90 or more minute's to cross the GWB or Lincoln Tunnel or Holland Tunnel every morning plus a 17 dollar toll plus 40-50 bucks per day to park. I generally take the bus in from New Jersey unless I plan on coming back late

Sunday morning is easy to get in and park for free but by Sunday after 1PM the nightmare traffic starts until about 9PM.

If there was a train station near me I would use it but the bus is close to where I am here and they get in quick using special lanes during certain hours in the AM.
I hate traffic!

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! First post here. Been lurking this site for awhile and finally decided to join up and hopefully share and gain some useful info with everyone. I haven't been on forums since my Stangnet days back in the early 2000's when I was messing with mid 90's Mustangs so please bear with me.

I'm the proud owner of a 2010 Suburban that's been the family truckster for the past 10 years currently at 170,000 miles and is now my personal cruiser/train station car.

I've dealt with all the common problems associated with this truck and fixed most of them in my driveway so I'll share whatever knowledge I have and hopefully help some people out.

Recently I needed a vehicle due to kids growing up and needing something to drive and I was actually crazy enough to buy a 08 Yukon for 6 grand with a ton of issues. Working through them now.

Both my trucks currently have single cyl misfires that I hope I can figure out with everyone's help. I'll post about them in a separate thread. After the Yukon I bought a cloned Tech 2 and so far it's worked great. Unfortunately my misfires so far are more complicated than a vacuum leak or bad injector. Gonna start working on my signature to get the correct info out there. Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Fathers Day to all it applies!

Another Jerseyan here. Welcome. Bergen County I assume?
Thanks! I'm down in Monmouth county.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz