Hey there from Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CO-Tahoe

CO-Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got a couple of photos together. I still need to get the brush guard on it but figure I'll wait until I'm done fixing all the bugs first IMG_1039.JPG IMG_1040.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the family. I agree it sounds like you have some bad stepper motors in your cluster, it's common in these rigs.

OP
OP
CO-Tahoe

CO-Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks in great shape!
Yeah it really is. That's why I went ahead and picked it up even though it had a few issues. I got the shift solenoids today so I'm hoping to get them installed after work tomorrow. Having some trouble finding a place to do the stepper motor(s). From what I can tell so far it seems like the 03+ is the ones with bigger issues. I'll probably just pull my cluster out this weekend so I can get a better look at it. I'm not sure but it looks like in the 2000 model there's a slightly different set up. Like it's one bigger motor with some branch circuits and not the individual style like the 03+ version. But I'm still digging into some so I'm not 100% on anything as of yet.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chad, welcome to the forum, much better than the sister side, JMHO. Good find on the Z71, hang on to it, the 5.7 is a brute. Mine has 199k and all original and strong as ever. I also have a daughter in the Steamboat Springs area.
David g.............:2cents:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zrjo

Latest posts