HELPPPP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHodge54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First new to the forum and done some research already on this. But it's gone to a point where I'm not sure if "The infamous clunk" is the issue now?

I did or do have the clunk with my '03 Tahoe. But it has got to a point where I think there might be more wrong or worse with it.

I backed up and put it in drive, got on the gas a little hard and it clunked and continued to. No I didn't neutral drop it lol. Was at a full stop before hitting the gas. I was in my driveway and just took off out of it hard to get out in front of on coming traffic. Now I have a bad clunk that sounds like the driveshaft is coming apart when getting back onto the gas. Is the input spline shaft completely gone or can I still try the silicone grease trick?

I originally just thought the clunk was my my ujoints needing to be replaced. Until I started having this issue just now. It's so bad I don't even want to drive it..

Any insite or help would be gratefully appreciated...

OP
OP
B

BHodge54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Crawl under it and check the U-Joints. If its clunking that bad you should be able to see something loose or not right
I did, it's not the ujoints. Jacked it up and had it in gear. Only happens at low speeds and jerks and clunks real bad.

OP
OP
B

BHodge54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only when I Accelerate from low speed or coming to a stop. As from what I could an the tell since I haven't taken it more then a block away from my house since it happen, it seems to be fine at speed..

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well when you step on the gas it 'downshifts the transmission' into the next lower gear especially if you press the gas hard enough. And when you slow down the trans 'downshifts' into the next lower gear to slow the truck down. So are you pushing the gas hard enough to downshift it or is it basically at 'idle' so to speak and you are 'coasting' and it makes the clunk? 4wd or 2wd?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727