HELPPPP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BHodge54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got under it this morning and pulled the driveshaft. It's not the ujoints. But I did narrow it down to the rear end. The Limited slip is kicking in and out real bad and Limited slip is kicking in and out real bad and jerking the truck.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever changed the oil? If I am not mistaken, there is an additive that needs to be added other than just 90w.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Your rearend clutches are toast. You may have some busted springs in there too. Drain it, Pull the cover and after the grease is emptied you will see the clutch material laying in the bottom of the pumpkin. Ive never found an aftermarket supplier for the clutches. I had to get them from GM for my 99 OBS Sierra with a limited slip locking differential. If youve never done a rearend, your own is not one to "learn" on.

OP
OP
B

BHodge54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dropping it off at the shop on Wednesday. Never done a rear end before and I'm not going to jump in on this one since it is my daily driver. Sucks but at least I know what the issue is..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep