Help needed: want to buy a Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, that fell through, because the dealer didn't want to budge on price. Incidentally, I just randomly checked Cars.com. Dealer lowered the price on the 2013 Denali from $38k down to $37k after our little back and forth. And of course without saying a word to me.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/682093326/overview/

Here's hoping he knocks it down another $1k, and then I will consider it.

In the meantime, I found a 2013 Yukon Denali XL with 72K miles for only about $33k!!! Going to test drive it this weekend!
http://www.hagerstownkia.com/used/GMC/2013-GMC-Yukon+XL+1500-80c6d7970a0e0a177eab231830a80ff3.htm

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:popcorn:

Low miles and pretty good price too. Could be a winner.....

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it. It's a definite winner. It's almost brand new looking, interior and exterior.

It has a cracked dash, and I thought it was hesitation in the transmission, but it was just cold. Once it warmed up, it drove perfect.

I'm talking price now. If I can get them to $36 or 37k, I'll buy it. Stay tuned. I'm also waiting for my POC at GM to run the VIN and it's home free for me.

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you found something you like!

I'm still on the search over here to find something I love with decent miles on it. I'm still keeping my hopes up on finding something.

03_GMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did. I'm doing paperwork as we speak. :)

Awesome congratulations man! You'll need to post some photos up tomorrow once its light out.

I'm still on the search over here to find something I love with decent miles on it. I'm still keeping my hopes up on finding something.

You will man. Don't compromise and be patient. It will pay off in the end. And remember XL FTW!!

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks man! Some advice.

1. Do NOT compromise. Find something you like and trust your gut instinct. That one gem WILL turn up.
2. XL only. Do NOT consider the shorter wheelbase. It rides rougher and as a result rattles more. Also, you will hate yourself for getting the shorter version. It really almost has no space in it at all.

Awesome congratulations man! You'll need to post some photos up tomorrow once its light out.

I'm probably going to be picking it up Monday, as the dealership is closed tomorrow. As soon as I do, pics are going up! I did put a deposit down on it, so the truck is definitely mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another awesome thing I just learned about the rig I bought: it comes with what I think are 18" wheels: the VIN specs say that it does. No wonder it was so soft and pillowy!!! This is a great win, because the majority of the Denalis I've driven all have had 20" wheels which I don't like. I was planning on downgrading to 18", and now that it comes by default, I don't have to do it anymore. Gives me space to focus on other things. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman