Help identify the stock Stereo plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krmnnghia

Reaction score
I purchased a Cheap Android Unit for the 07 Yukon XL Denali with factory NAV/Bose/RSE/Cam. You can read my initial review here if you'd like: https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...s/review-hizpo-7-1-2-gm-vehicles-px3-t3755202

I have some kinks to work out but the two main concerns are factory rear camera and factory RSE. I purchased the GMRSAV and BACKUPCAM adapters after extensive research online. I believe these are correct for my model. The confusing thing is the Android unit is supposed to be plug and play and uses all the factory plugs except the factory GPS antenna(blue plug i think). If that is true, either my settings on the unit need to be tweaked or somehow they utilize the harness but not the functionality of those two factory systems.

Can anyone help me identify which of these plugs does what?

3Ca9zff.jpg

Thanks

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Brown plug has VSS and backup cam wiring in it if my memory serves me.

OP
OP
K

Krmnnghia

Reaction score
Brown plug has VSS and backup cam wiring in it if my memory serves me.

Thanks for Confirming. So I am guessing that would mean the gray one is for RSE. I guess I can understand why they would use the brown plug as it provides the VSS but it does not give me video feed from the factory cam. I wonder if I can splice the Video feed wire and solder up an RCA to feed the head units Cam Input?

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill dig up the video MVI sent me to go from i03 to i05. It tells you what wires are what.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty often you can buy a pig tail that will connect right to the factory harness with labeled wires on it.

this way you dont have to hack off the plugs and can put the stock unit back in nice and easy should you want or need to one day.

OP
OP
K

Krmnnghia

Reaction score
pretty often you can buy a pig tail that will connect right to the factory harness with labeled wires on it.

this way you dont have to hack off the plugs and can put the stock unit back in nice and easy should you want or need to one day.

Well the aftermarket unit is designed to retain almost all the factory options and uses all the connectors so all these plug right into the back of the unit. RSE and Backup cam video are not on the list but there should be a way around this.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the aftermarket unit is designed to retain almost all the factory options and uses all the connectors so all these plug right into the back of the unit. RSE and Backup cam video are not on the list but there should be a way around this.

i wish it was that way when i was into upgrading my HU's back in the day. thats got to take 1/2 the sting out of the install.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Thanks for Confirming. So I am guessing that would mean the gray one is for RSE. I guess I can understand why they would use the brown plug as it provides the VSS but it does not give me video feed from the factory cam. I wonder if I can splice the Video feed wire and solder up an RCA to feed the head units Cam Input?

Yes you can.

OP
OP
K

Krmnnghia

Reaction score
So I pulled everything back out and looks like I didn't use the brown plug so ill pickup my Metra BACKUPCAM adapter tonight and see if she works! Also I took a better look at all the inputs and outputs left available after the install and by trial and error I got the rear screen to work but only when I choose DVD. I need to figure out how to get it to mirror the screen all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts