HELP! 2003 Escalade AC Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Update #2

Disconnected the A.C. Lines from the evaporator core and found that there was some light greenish oil inside both holes. Also the Accumulator line going to the compressor also had that greenish substance. Meaning thereebay is circulation going through the lines.

I also blew air through both sides of the evaporator core and more of the greenish oil came out. I did that untill only air came out of both sides.

Any input on what that means? I believe that the evaporator is not clogged

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
It also couldve been there from before when it was working.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the dye added to the pag oil that's been put into the system to spot a leak.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Got it. Air does come out the evaporator core inlet and outlet. Does that rule out the evaporator core?

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say so. Put a vacuum on the system, make sure it can hold the vacuum for at least 15 min before you go and try to recharge the system.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
I ordered an a.c. Vacuum pump an gauges today so I am hoping I get them this week.

Osiris and bowzer I definitely appreciate the help.

I got a bad feeling that when I vacuum the system and recharged it that we will end up with the same problem. Not trying to jinx it but I find it hard to believe it crapped out one day to another.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The harbor freight manifold gauge set is pretty cheap and works well. That's what I used for years until I went to a company with an actual a/c machine. For a vacuum pump I just had a matco vacuum pump with a couple adapters to make the a/c fitting work.

Bowzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope for the best expect the worst, I'm with you on that! There's really not much else it could be. Maybe how your charging it could be an issue. Charge liquid to the high side when the vacuum is done. Usually the pressures will equalize before the nameplate charge is in(unless you heat up the cylinder). If you need to add while it's running, meter it in about 10psi above suction pressure so you don't send liquid into the compressor. When I top mine off I need two large fans in front of the condenser to keep from cycling off on the high pressure switch. 134a is a blend so it doesn't work right when vapor charged.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
That is definitely is my take on this whole issue. At this point what will worst case scenario be? New compressor?( I believe we can rule that out since it is working right?)

A trip to the dealership is my worst and get charged and arm and torso.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo