HELP! 2003 Escalade AC Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Bowzer there was some type of debris in the orfice tube but didn't pay much attention as I had the new one already.

I have not yet recharged the system as I have already done it twice and came back with no front a.c still. But that was the old office tube.

Bowzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That should do it, after the orifice its wide open to the accumulator. Good luck!

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
You think I should recharged the system before going to change the evaporator core?

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Update:

I went ahead and put freon in the system but out of luck it is still the same problem. Return line from the evaporator still warm.

This time the low line actually froze up with less than 30psi in the system. It seems like the evaporator core is clogged up to me.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you aren't evacuating the whole system and putting a vacuum on it before charging it up you may have trapped air inside. Only thing you can do to check for a blockage is evacuate the system and unbolt the evaporator lines and blow air through. Should flow through easily.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
This time I did not vacuum the system. I will try and blow air through the evaporator core and see if get air out of it.

Bowzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'd be the logical thing to check but doubt anything that big enough to clog the coil would pass through the orifice tube. Not sure how you're measuring how much refrigerant putting in but 28psi = 32° for 134a so you might just need more charge if the suction line is frosting now. Oh and please pull a vacuum. Air is non condensible and will raise your head pressure and reduce the effective heat transfer area of your condenser.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
It's just pretty weird on how troublesome this has been.

It all started after the high pressure valve leaked freon but I loosened the valve cap and it stop leaking.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Border In other words it's highly uncommon for the evaporator core to be clogged?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019