HELP! 2003 Escalade AC Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV that I'm having an A.C. Issue.

It has the typical Front A.C. Is warm Rear A.C. Is Cold probIem.

I have checked the freon level and it was in the good area. Both door climates work from cold to hot. The compressor works and engages.

I have replaced the A.C. Accumulator vacuumed the system and recharged it but still no cold air in the front. Blower works As Well.

The low side line going to the evaporator core gets cold. But the return line coming from the evap core does not along with the line coming from the accumulator to the compressor??!!

Does the evaporator core need to be replaced? Is the orfice tube the culprit?? I am at a lost here.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Anyone?

I just replaced the office tube but have not vacuumed the system.

I am leaning towards the EVAP core but need someone expert advice.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not the blend door? Pretty common problem in the nbs trucks/suvs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, low pressure side lines will be cold, as high pressure will be hot/warm. Part of the process of the refrigeration.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Well it does have the dual digital climate zone. Both sides work meaning they change from hot to cold as many times as you want.

Is the another blend door that controls the heat and cold before the actuators?

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Yes the low side gets cold going into the evaporator but the return line does not along with the line coming from the accumulator to the compressor. The accumulator also does not get cold.

I have an avalanche and checked the lines and all the lines meaning the low side and the return line from the evaporator plus the accumulator line going to the compressor get cold along with the accumulator.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I'm taking what you're saying it sounds like a clog somewhere. But hard to say without having it in front of me.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
That's what I think as well. The blog should be in the evaporator right?

I don't see anything else around that area that could be clogged sinca the lines coming out of the evaporator core stay warm but the line going into the evaporator is cold.

Bowzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suction line coming out of evap warm indicates the coil being starved of refrigerant. You replaced the orifice tube, any metal debris? Doubt the coil is restricted with the fine mesh on the orifice tube. Maybe just need more charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10