Heater hose quick connect corroded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikesid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I'm supposed to get my lift put on this week and noticed this wonderful coolant leak...it seems the quick connect going to the tbi has corroded and needs to be replaced...I watched a video on replacing it but still am apprehensive at attempting it...can anyone give any further guidance on what to expect during repair...there is also a bracket blocking my access that seems to have rusted the bolt head so I can't even get a socket on it...can someone please tell me what the bracket is called so I can replace that and if you have any suggestions getting off the rusted bolt head...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
M

mikesid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is another pic, the bracket holds the electrical part that says GM on it in the bottom right hand of pic...sorry not sure what it is other than some sensor probably...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 14

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
i would remove it but if it shatters or crumbles in the manifold remove the manifold right away before continuing. i would remove the manifold first tho and inspect before further use of it seeing the nasty is so bad in that area.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

oh and the bracket with the hole in it is the engine lift hook. if that is the one you are referring too.it just bolt to the long block and can be removed if needed.

OP
OP
M

mikesid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, i thought the repair looked more than what i wanted to do...so i had a mobile mechanic come out..i told him the situation on the phone and even sent him a pic...told him it would probably need an ezout or extractor as it would most likely break...he came out and try to get it out and it broke off..it was the end of the day and told me he would return on monday and that he had to order a special tool to get it out...funny enough when i spoke to him on the phone i told him he would need the tool...he asked me if i need new intake gaskets because it would he easier to remove without tbi attached to engine...i have an npt 1/2 threaded fitting by 5/8 nipple to replace the crappy quick connect...i think this mechanic is questionable at best now for repairing it correctly...the tbi looks a little beat up from him already...

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with sunlit. After replace mlre of those than i can remember.

Tank the intake manifold off , its far simpler to do the repair and get the replacement screw in barbed hose fitting.
Do not put a quick connct pos back on.

Last edited:

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a shop VAC handy to suck them pieces out mine did same thing I also had a inspection camera to make sure all the pieces are out. I just used a screw driver to clean threads good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NSTBLFKR43