Heated seats work sporadically

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codester69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Heated seats only work when they want to. When one works they both do, same when they don’t. I can’t find a schematic to show how the power travels. Does it go to the driver side first, or split before ? I’ve wiggled connections, and made sure everything is plugged in tight.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated seats only work when they want to. When one works they both do, same when they don’t. I can’t find a schematic to show how the power travels. Does it go to the driver side first, or split before ? I’ve wiggled connections, and made sure everything is plugged in tight.
Sounds like there is a short somewhere. A bi-directional scan tool can read the internal codes and either tell you directly what it wrong or point you in the right direction without guessing. It's usually one of the heater elements has a short in it or the memory seat module. A new one requires programming.

You can get the wiring diagrams for your truck at AllDataDIY along with the troubleshooting guide for a nominal fee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts