heated seat not working....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ847

Reaction score
Update as of now: Found leaks in the lines from transmission to cooler and to reservoir so all lines replaced on warranty.

Heated seat: New module ordered and took a weekend to deliver from Michigan and get installed yesterday which DID NOT FIX MY PROBLEM, according to my service manager.

So they are back to square one, trying to figure out what is wrong with it. I have a tiny chevy malibu loaner from the dealer, 6 inches of snow on the way tonight and a 1700 pound piece of oak that needs to be trailered that I can't without my truck.

I'm a pretty patient person and I know the dealership is working on it, my service manager even called me personally on his day off yesterday to give me an update, but it's just getting aggravating that they don't have a fix for this on their books.

jbb01

Reaction score
Sounds like the problem is the heating elements. They are both separate parts. You should be able to remove them yourself and order some from rock auto or somewhere to replace.

AJ847

Reaction score
Service manager told me that the heating elements are different/ don't burn out in LTZ's with heated & cooled seats, its supposedly a different system than just heated seats. Problem is that the dealer already has my truck in their hands, so i can't just demand it back in pieces. Essentially I feel like I'm up a creek without a paddle... or 4x4.

AJ847

Reaction score
So the final resolution on the drivers heated seat is in... after a whole week they had to wait for 2 different parts to be shipped in at 2 different times (very frustrating). The best I can say about this whole ordeal is that it only cost me $50 under my extended warranty to fix, but the $750 I am expected to shell out to repair the loaner I damaged will haunt me.

Anyway, the heated seat module under the seat had to be replaced, that was the initial fix my service manager had told me. Once that did not work, they had to order the heated seat back piece as well, because they work in tandem and I guess if the seat back burns out the entire system takes a crap.

I have the paperwork from the dealer with part numbers, too lazy to get it from the truck in my driveway but if anyone wants I can always put them up here.

Now I get to deal with my rear wiper that broke off because the metal ring holding it to the motor RUSTED AND BROKE OFF. F'Ing GM.

Addicted

Reaction score
Same situation on my 07 XLT. I've read a bunch of threads, and this is the most info I've found that matches my issue.

Bottom heats, back doesn't. Has anyone been able to troubleshoot the system? Wiring diagrams?

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same situation on my 07 XLT. I've read a bunch of threads, and this is the most info I've found that matches my issue.

Bottom heats, back doesn't. Has anyone been able to troubleshoot the system? Wiring diagrams?
I'd love the same.

Currently my buttons light up when I turn mine on, but neither the back or ass get warm. I'd like to know where I can check what.

Anyone with ideas?

Reaction score
I'd love the same.

Currently my buttons light up when I turn mine on, but neither the back or ass get warm. I'd like to know where I can check what.

Anyone with ideas?
were you able to find a fix for this problem ? I have the same issue as yours. both front heated seats doesn't get warm, although the switches lights up and stay up.

Reaction score
i posted a fix for the escalade seats. topic is down a little ways. i dont know if the yukon or tahoe system is the same though.

ABNLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a problem in my 2011 a couple of years ago and the dealership replaced the elements in the passenger seat as well as the switch in the door. It worked for a day and went out again. Back to the dealer where they had the truck for over a month diagnosing wiring and computers. These trucks use complicated circuitry to activate the heated seats, not just a simple wire from the switch to the seat. My recommendation would be to let the dealer diagnose it even if it costs more. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to find the issue, I know I did. The seat has worked great ever since. BTW, they covered it under warranty.

Sean Ellis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2010 Tahoe Heated seats stopped working and none of the elements on either seat works. The lights on the control buttons illuminate but the elements do not function. This is very frustrating because I've had it to the shop twice and they can't find the problem. Anyone who has a solution or similar problem I would love to hear from them. I did check the pins on the connector under the passenger seat on the Motorola control module and the pins are not burned or damaged in any way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naileddown