heated seat issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefcrinkle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My passenger side heated seat will work on high but as soon as you change it to medium/low it trips the relay? Is it a bad element? sometimes the light will just flick on and off as soon as you hit it.

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a short in the heater element. Never looked at those schematics but they may have separate heating coils.

Leylah

Nor * Cal
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Born & Raised in Cali - Now residing in Indiana
I just posted something on this as well, as my driver & pass sides were both doing the same... im told to replace the heater pad?
Which ive found a really easy & detailed link to do it, if ya dont know how
Its for an escalade, but I dont see it being any different

OP
OP
B

beefcrinkle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just posted something on this as well, as my driver & pass sides were both doing the same... im told to replace the heater pad?
Which ive found a really easy & detailed link to do it, if ya dont know how
Its for an escalade, but I dont see it being any different

If you had the link that would be great! even if its not the same it might give me an idea of what to do

Leylah

Nor * Cal
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Born & Raised in Cali - Now residing in Indiana
Here ya go... Good luck :)
The pads are cheap too on ebay

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...-diy-seat-bottom-seat-heater-replacement.html

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I havnt yet had time to try this myself...BUT the more I think bout it, it heats up when it stayed on even momentarily, but then it clicked off altogether... so Im thinking it wouldnt heat up at all if pad needed replaced...so I was looking around a lil more & found this also

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...m-1999/367594-2003-escalade-heated-seats.html

OP
OP
B

beefcrinkle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea i should check the module since it came on by itself the other day. bottom and top got hot so it cant be the pad. Thanks for the links!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtDawg77

Latest posts